Echo test complete… waiting for the stress test

Dottleshead
Go to solution Solved by Kzoo,

• Dottleshead changed the title to Echo test complete… waiting for the stress test
37 minutes ago, Dottleshead said:

Ok I reached 90% max heart rate at incline level 12 and 3.4 mph. It was really not to bad. We tried higher and I could have done it but the speed increase was forcing me to jog — something I told her I am really not ready for. Overall I was not too winded with all the treadmill work I have been doing. Really glad I did not embarrass myself.

I had a cardio stress test...but don't ever recall goop for ultrasound test.  I had to run on a treadmill...first time ever in life and I was 61 yrs. at that time. They slowly increased speed plus the incline for me.  I went to a cardio testing clinic. Had physician on staff who looked at my test results.

• Heart 2

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I had a cardio stress test...but don't ever recall goop. I had to run on a treadmill...first time ever in life and I was 61 yrs. at that time. They slowly increased speed plus the incline for me.  I went to a cardio testing clinic. Had physician on staff who looked at my test results.

The goop was for the ultrasound 

7 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

not true

For me it is. I want to be lighter before I get there.  I have some nerve damage on the left side of my body that is only noticeable when fine motor movements are required.  It took me a long time to walk hands free on the treadmill at 3.0 mph and at an 11% incline grade.  I'll get there when I'm ready.  But as far as conditioning goes, I know I could have done it if I really pushed myself.  But I had already reached 90% which was the goal so all of that was bonus.  Still I intend to be the best damn cardiovascular patient he has ever had.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, petitepedal said:

Hopefully tests and all the doc or docs are pleased with the changes you have made :nodhead:

I go for a follow up later this month.  He already got the results back from the echo test and says it was essentially a normal study and my heart function is normal.  Don't have feedback on the stress test yet but I asked the gal conducting it if she saw any anomalies and she said "No, not really".  She is not the doctor I was clear not for her to give me any kind of assessment but wanted to know if she say any thing abnormal.  So at this point I'm just calling it and say i'm normal w/ 3 artificial stents in my heart.

And this was the doctor that reviewed my stats after I told him I lost almost 50 lbs ago and he said, "You have lost a lot of weight" in a somewhat impressive tone. I want to be his top patient -- the one that he seldom sees.

• Awesome 1
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

prayers & vibes for good results

9 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Hopefully tests and all the doc or docs are pleased with the changes you have made :nodhead:

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Hoping the tests give you (and the doctors) the news that you want!

1 minute ago, Dottleshead said:

I go for a follow up later this month.  He already got the results back from the echo test and says it was essentially a normal study and my heart function is normal.  Don't have feedback on the stress test yet but I asked the gal conducting it if she saw any anomalies and she said "No, not really".  She is not the doctor I was clear not for her to give me any kind of assessment but wanted to know if she say any thing abnormal.  So at this point I'm just calling it and say i'm normal w/ 3 artificial stents in my heart.

And this was the doctor that reviewed my stats after I told him I lost almost 50 lbs ago and he said, "You have lost a lot of weight" in a somewhat impressive tone. I want to be his top patient -- the one that he seldom sees.

I follow up with him later this month but -- yeah -- it was good news.  Thanks for your wishes.

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, 2Far said:

The only treadmill cardio test I had was immediately followed by an echo. 

I have tachycardia, I had to lean into the  bar &  try to push it like an immovable object to get my heart rate above 130. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Dottleshead said:

They gave me a towel to wipe all that gel goop off

I have tubes of that gel stuff at home. My Garmin heart rate strap often doesn't work correctly unless I use it.

Every time that I have a stress test, I ask them to let me go further than 120 or 130 BPM where they stop. Hell, I often hit 150 BPM while riding my bicycle.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Did you see the images for anything they explained to you? You are the lst person I know for kidneys.  

Yes, I saw the images, the ultrasound tech talked about them a bit, and I have a report I can access anytime in the healthcare app my HMO uses. 

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, 2Far said:

The only treadmill cardio test I had was immediately followed by an echo. 

My treadmill test was preceded by 120 pictures of my heart followed by a nuclear injection while still going on the treadmill wait 45 minutes and get another 120 pictures. The second set of pictures showed them the damage done to my heart by my heart attack. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

It took me a long time to walk hands free on the treadmill at 3.0 mph and at an 11% incline grade.  

You say that as if 11% is easy.  That is a pretty steep grade at a decent pace.  That would be hard for almost anyone.

14 hours ago, Dottleshead said:

I'll get there when I'm ready.

Yup

• Thank You 1

43 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You say that as if 11% is easy.  That is a pretty steep grade at a decent pace.  That would be hard for almost anyone.

Yup

I tend to run out of oxygen before I run out of heart during a stress test.  The doc however seems determined to help me set a new record for heart rate long after I've hit the goal.

• Like 1