Do you take any prescribed medications?

Square Wheels

I currently take nothing.  For a couple of decades I took an anti-hypertensive, but I started exercising and lost weight.  I've tried almost every antidepressant out there with no luck.  I try really hard (and often fail) to be happier - that is all that has worked.

Other than vitamins and a baby aspirin, I take nothing.  I am 50 and consider myself very lucky.

I take nothing.  I asked my doctor about taking a baby aspirin a day and he said it probably wouldn't hurt.  By the end of a week of taking it I had bruises all over my body so I quit taking it.  I do take over the counter supplements and my doctors all have the list of what I take.

I take a disease modifying therapy drug for my MS.  It is called Techfidera.  I also take a baby aspirin to help me with some symptoms that come from taking Techfidera.  I also tale Naproxin (pharma quality dose) for injuries, and about once a month I take a couple Tramadol for other kinds of pain.  

Along with this I take some supplements like vitamins, calcium, fish oil and Vitamin D3.  

Soon, I may have to start taking a synthroid as well.  I am right on the borderline of needing something for my under active thyroid.

Aside from the MS, I consider myself very lucky. I do get acid reflux from time to time, but I manage this with my diet.  When it acts up, I have to use caution about things like coffee, spicy foods, citrus and fat.

Yep.  I have 2 genetic clotting disorders so I take an anticoagulant and two precautionary cholesterol meds to minimize plaque buildup.  My cardiologist maintains I have excellent cardio health and have no significant plaque but he doesn't want to take chances with my clotting history.  Low BP doesn't help with the clotting, nor does my sedentary (seated for up to 17 hours) job.

Let's see

Generic for Imuran an immune suppresent for my Crohn's

B12 (pill)

Multi Vitamin

Lialda  an anti inflammatory for Crohn's

Going in June for a but scope. (colonoscopy) If inflammation present I'm going up the medication scale. Possibly a biologic

I take a relatively mild dose of an anti-hypertensive.  But then again I am by far the oldest living member of my family with an absurd family history of death by high blood pressure and stroke.  I'll be 69 in three weeks.

​My old man is 82 and has high blood pressure.  Keep exercising (he does almost daily).  You can do it Maxie.

Edited by dotman17