Hey, it's Wilburino's birthday!

AirwickWithCheese

On 9/29/2015 at 5:29 AM, maddmaxx said:

Happy Birthday Wilbur.  How many is that in pig years and will you have a special pasta today?

Just landed back in Toronto a few hours ago Maxx.  I opted for a burger and fries. :)

On 9/29/2015 at 7:18 AM, sheep_herder said:

Happy Birthday!!  Hope you have a Great Day.

Thanks sheep_herder!

• Heart 1

On 9/30/2015 at 2:14 AM, Randomguy said:

Happy late birthday!

How did you celebrate?

I started my BD in Italy, sat in the pointy end of the plane for 8 1/2 hours arrived 2.5 hours after I departed (the magic of time zones).  Drove home in the miserable rain and thunderstorms and was greeted by the family.  The dogs were the most excited. :)

I then made a nice Genovese pesto pasta dinner with all fresh ingredients I schlepped back from the market in Italy, made a nice salad with fresh tomato, basil and buffalo mozz, enjoyed a piece of cake, shared a few photos from the trip and went to bed.  I had a 30 hour birthday. :)

• Heart 1

I started my BD in Italy, sat in the pointy end of the plane for 8 1/2 hours arrived 2.5 hours after I departed (the magic of time zones).  Drove home in the miserable rain and thunderstorms and was greeted by the family.  The dogs were the most excited. :)

I then made a nice Genovese pesto pasta dinner with all fresh ingredients I schlepped back from the market in Italy, made a nice salad with fresh tomato, basil and buffalo mozz, enjoyed a piece of cake, shared a few photos from the trip and went to bed.  I had a 30 hour birthday. :)

Are the Italian ingredients better than Canadian ingredients?

Are the Italian ingredients better than Canadian ingredients?

...in all honesty, the only place I've lived where there was a comparable availability of fresh produce and other stuff like cheeses, strange custom salamis and sausages, and local meats is right here in the Central Valley of California.  Something about a Mediterranean climate, sunshine, and being close to the source of your wine that makes everything a little different.:)

• Heart 1

• 11 months later...