chicks be like

2Far

One of my favorite comments in the many different house hunter or renovation or tiny house shows is the women who go ape shit about needing a double sink in their bathrooms.  My wife and I have a double sink (they seem pretty standard), and we use only one of the two.  In a given year, we probably need to simultaneously use the master bath sink maybe twice. All other times, it is available to whoever needs it.  WTF would anyone need two sinks in a bathroom???? Especially enough to make it an issue when buying or building a home??? And it is never the guy needing it.

Tom

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

One of my favorite comments in the many different house hunter or renovation or tiny house shows is the women who go ape shit about needing a double sink in their bathrooms.  My wife and I have a double sink (they seem pretty standard), and we use only one of the two.  In a given year, we probably need to simultaneously use the master bath sink maybe twice. All other times, it is available to whoever needs it.  WTF would anyone need two sinks in a bathroom???? Especially enough to make it an issue when buying or building a home??? And it is never the guy needing it.

Tom

We had 2 different houses where the master bath had 2 sinks.  We pretty much only used one sink.  The one on the left both times??  If the other one of us needed a sink the other one was used.  Maybe once or twice a month.  Now we each have our own bathrooms (or we will again when I finish the upstairs remodel).  She likes the shower and sink in the bathroom down stairs and I don't like the shower head there.  I use the bath upstairs next to our bedroom (our old home design didn't have a master suite).  That doesn't mean we don't use the other bathroom but for showering and getting ready for work stuff she has her bathroom and I have mine.  We'll see is that changes when the remodel is done.

53 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

We have a single vanity with about 80% of the counter on one side which is my wife's side.  We don't get ready at the same time in the AM and sharing a sink to brush teeth at night isn't a biggie. It works for us. 

Her stuff used to bleed over to my side though and I would always put it in the sink as a reminder to keep her crap on her side.  She is a clean freak everywhere but in the bathroom and nasty bathrooms drive me nuts so I'm always cleaning my side and the sink but her side is in shambles.

• Heart 1

We have a 40 year old ranch. It has a half bath next to the master bedroom. Oddly, it had a 2nd door that opened to the dining room! I removed that door a while back and filled the wall on the dining room side. We later gutted and remodeled the half bath. We took out the old over-the-toilet cabinet. It was ugly and worn. Didn't find anything we wanted to replace it. My plan is to put a mirrored bi-fold door in the opening of the old dining room door and small shelves inside the opening to hold small toiletries. In the meantime, our countertop is overflowing with said toiletries! I have my razor, shave cream and deodorant. Guess who has all the rest!

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

We need the second one for Lindy to get a drink.

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

We are only use the ne sink at a time. 

Of course, they're in different bathrooms. 

On 11/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, Further said:

If you watch any of the house buying shows you notice that no matter the price range, no matter how nice the house is, the woman has to remodel.

The guy is all happy about a lake in the backyard, the woman is bitching about the wrong shade of granite counter top..

amen