Pray for me, I’m off to Walmart

45 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

They carry Duke’s mayo and Biscoff cookies. No one else does.

I was looking for mayo without soy for my wife and google said Duke's was soy free and sold at Walmart. I bought some and brought it home before I read the label. One of the top ingredients, soybean oil :angry: Bad, bad uncle google :default_sissy-fight-smiley:

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I like Walmart.  I plan to go there today.  Their prices are good on most things and the self checkout is excellent (usually no lines).

That is my favourite thing aboot our LGS - they are very good with preventing lines.  That had to be a large part of the demise of K-Mart.  Theirs were horribibble AND ALWAYS got jammed up with a price check. :mellow:

My Walmart is only 2 miles from my house.  I like that I can buy pharmacy items, some hardware stuff, automotive (oil and filters), some clothing, and groceries all in the same place.  And the prices are usually better than the real pharmacy, hardware store, automotive store and grocery store.  Win-win for me.  

• Heart 1

Just now, Road Runner said:

My Walmart is only 2 miles from my house.  I like that I can buy pharmacy items, some hardware stuff, automotive (oil and filters), some clothing, and groceries all in the same place.  And the prices are usually better than the real pharmacy, hardware store, automotive store and grocery store.  Win-win for me.  

Even wealthy people shop Walmart in Canada.  There is something for everyone. 

Long before big box stores, a discount retail store in New Westminster BC called Army and Navy would have annual ladies fashion sell-offs.  The street behind the store was lined with limos, Rolls, Mercedes etc cars owned by the socialites.  Primarily wealthy Jewish matrons.  Everyone likes a bargain. :) 

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

Everyone likes a bargain. :)

Yes!  My brother was telling me recently that I shouldn't be so cheap, because he knows I am not hurting for money and he just doesn't get why I am always so frugal.  "You can't take it with you, bro!"  I don't care if I was worth 10 mil, I would still gripe about paying 50 cents more for a box of cereal at one place than at another.  It's just the principle of the thing.  Also, I'm cheap!  :)

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Buy up some of the cheap inexpensive t shirts.  At those prices they are a good deal for summer wear you don't have to worry much about.

Buy clothes? You a funny guy. I think the last clothing I bought was shorts, last year. T-shirts, even moreso. I had two drawers full of t-shirts, most of them event shirts. I just thinned the herd down to one drawer.

Bought Lad a sack of dog food in WalMart yesterday.  Decided it was time, as the dog food in the trash can container was getting so low, that I was afraid my wife might fall in when filling his container and not be able to get out on her on. Puppy Chow is $5 cheaper at WalMart than at the grocery store across the street. I thought of you folks yesterday when waiting in line to check out with my one item.  I may start a new thread about my 'eventful' trip to town yesterday.:whistle:

• Heart 2

19 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

I like buying the plastic products I pitch into lake Ontario from Walmart. Sometimes I'll make a single trip and buy a box of 144 plastic forks and immediately toss them into the drink on my way home.  The Walmart in Webster is so convenient. 

Couch 

Do you have any idea how much horse power is required to clean that up?

img_4844.jpg?resize=576,574

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is my favourite thing aboot our LGS - they are very good with preventing lines.  That had to be a large part of the demise of K-Mart.  Theirs were horribibble AND ALWAYS got jammed up with a price check. :mellow:

I will never use a self checkout line.  They are job thieves.  Where they were once populated with high school and college kids they are now filled with machines while mere humans get crapped on.

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I will never use a self checkout line.  They are job thieves.  Where they were once populated with high school and college kids they are now filled with machines while mere humans get crapped on.

I think those jobs are beneath those kids these days anyway.

6 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Better than Hellman’s and I’m too damned lazy to make my own.

Yeah, I respectfully disagree.  Not about you being lazy, about the mayonnaise.

Funny story... my son and his wife were up visiting a couple summers ago from NC, she opened the fridge to grab the jar of mayonnaise and blurts out "Hellmans?!"  (think strong little girl, southern accent) 

Another trip she was looking at my madone leaning against the wall in the dining room and she says, "That's a bad ass bike." 

I can't remember if I posted this photoessay here or at the old LF, but here it is again:

Why I Shop At Walmart

Kids Are Well Behaved

walmart104.jpg.030b885c9758da9d1e180ec6ea23daee.jpg

You Can Take Your Time

3-1.jpg.f8570feac33d0d8895d6628653998627.jpg

Air Conditioning Hits the Spot on Hot Days

walmart68.jpg.3f2ec57b9a789a3df3d7c99923ed046d.jpg

Everyone is So Well-Dressed (and I thought I was brave when the Love Forum talked me into walking through Walmart in my Bike Shorts)

walmart29.jpg.81b687be8de1d418e62e941377270a20.jpg

The Latest Fashions are Always On Parade

walmart6.jpg.d2f6efdf64d240b7d5c526f9808c7451.jpg

Pets Are Allowed

walmart9.jpg.f898b3189b10cf162f61b7b29458295f.jpg

The Shampoo is So Good It’s Worth Fighting Over

walmart33.jpg.d2f5a4fc81cf2ee55661bf1b5a177820.jpg

Aliens Are Welcome

walmart35.jpg.d4e626d2e6e2df147d62c33964d75467.jpg

If It’s Good Enough for Beyonce, It’s Good Enough For Me

walmart31.jpg.280d65dd4c191e1493794203b2a621c0.jpg

Convenient Parking