Why is this happening to me and should I be worried?

Randomguy

Ok, so you know I took that job offer, signed and sent in my acceptance letter.  Haven’t heard back since.  

Yesterday I sent an email to the HR girly saying that I am excited to start on the 15th, and could she call me because I have a question (she had no phone number in her signature).  No response. 

It is a smallish company, and I am thinking way too small to have an HR person. Plus, she has a Chinese last name and so is most probably related to the owner and so her disorganization gets a pass.

How worried should I be?

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...seriously, if I tell you not to worry about it, will you stop worrying about it ?

Not much you can do at this point except wait.  Which is my point here.  I do have one. :) 

What I am doing is showing up on the 15th.  

You may try to be more simple in phrasing yourself....always friendly in what you need to know and need to do for/with this company. Be a little more direct, not overly discreet, but always gracious, friendly. (which I think you are RG.)  Of course, this depends on the socio-economic class of the owner's background.

Let's put it this way;   my mother asks me flat out what my salary whenever I changed jobs, how much did I pay for my home?  I make vague comments while still annoyed by mamma's obsessions with money concerns.  She's just being a...mother.

My father was more discreet...and that was related to his personality and family upbringing.

I agree that small offices can be disorganized sometimes and not have backup if someone is out of the office that day.  Sorry you're dealing with this and I hope everything goes smoothly  on the 15th.

• Heart 1