If I ever get near Baltimore,

2Far

I've never been to Jimmy's, but may go after this, although I don't think this was a big local news item.  I'll certainly continue to eat crabs: the harvest of them is regulated in Maryland so they're not endangered - in spite of the use-up-the-Bay mentality that used to prevail in Virginia - and, unlike PETA's idiotic belief, crabs do not speak and can't think at a sentient level.

Trying to tell Marylanders not to eat crabs is a lost cause from the start.

If PETA wants to waste money on such ridiculous billboards and have a spokesman alienate the populace by saying the restaurant should go completely vegan, it's sure to come across as an extremist cult to almost everyone I know.

• Heart 2

51 minutes ago, Airehead said:

If you ever get there plan ahead with me. I’ll invite you to the shore where life is worth living. 

We can trot line for crabs. They have been large and plentiful this season. Best in years and I know not from Texas because they are caught by my family. 

D660E414-6D52-4BE9-92EE-5B849F8AB433.jpeg

I like crabs.....

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

No.  But I used to do consulting work there.  It was a shitty city in the early 2000s.  I don't want to imagine how shitty it is now.

Shu Fang

Sorry, I thought you were saying that none of it was crappy.

I was there 1991-1994. It was definitely declining toward the end of my time there. Armed robbery on the street, mentally ill homeless, drunk college students. Ok, the last bit was me and my friends. But the always scary parts of town were near the hospitals. 

• Awesome 1