What did you learn last week?

Airehead

A good question to ask ourselves once in awhile.

i learned that my hearing is as bad as I think it is.  My recent exam showed only 40 percent hearing in my good ear. I am going to consult on a different hearing aid system with perhaps an external directional mike for meetings. In the meantime, make sure I can see your face when we chat with one another. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

My district has finally set up the interface between our student information system and Google Classroom, so I’ve been learning how to manage assignments and grade importing. Mostly, I learned that the google doesn’t do the math to calculate a percentage score. My students took a 30 point vocabulary test, and their grades dropped when google imported 30s instead of 100s. I had to turn off grade importing for that one. 

• Heart 3

Just now, Square Wheels said:

A lot of my depression came / comes from acting like a victim.  The past two weeks have been hard on me.  I decided not to start a thread on it because it felt like whining.

You should always start a thread. Best case it helps. Worst case you get grief from those of us here that love you. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

You should always start a thread. Best case it helps. Worst case you get grief from those of us here that love you. 

Wow, this is all true!  We love to give you crap because we love you!  If we didn't, we would just ignore you.

Plus, everybody IS a victim at one thing or another on a daily basis.  You will feel better if you go over to Speed Demon and make her feel like she isn't a victim, a good deed always feels good.  Then you should bang her.

• Awesome 2

48 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

A lot of my depression came / comes from acting like a victim.  The past two weeks have been hard on me.  I decided not to start a thread on it because it felt like whining.

While we don't want you to share more personal information than you are comfortable sharing, never worry about whining.  For all the quirks we may have at times, this place has shown  more than once that there are a lot of caring people here and we do care about one another.  I'm not sure what we can do to help, but we're happy to do what we can - even if it's just listening.   I'm sorry you're going through this, you've had a lot to deal with recently.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Kirby said:

While we don't want you to share more personal information than you are comfortable sharing, never worry about whining.  For all the quirks we may have at times, this place has shown  more than once that there are a lot of caring people here and we do care about one another.  I'm not sure what we can do to help, but we're happy to do what we can - even if it's just listening.   I'm sorry you're going through this, you've had a lot to deal with recently.

The frog is right!  We feel a sense of gratitude to you for creating and maintaining this site but more importantly just want to help a good person as much as we can. And sometimes drivel can be helpful!

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

I learned that chippies eat basil plants. The map of Waldo is now homed in my head, so I know my way around.  Hope it stays.  I learned how to keep blueberries suspended in cakes. I learned to paddleboard last week.  My friend has a racy board.  It was a tricky stand up.  Got it down though.  I may buy a wider one though.  LOL

• Awesome 2

I learned my great-nephew who is only 2 yrs. old, will die some time soon.  He has brain tumour and with chemo that has not helped at all.  It was diagnosed last summer. They did cut open his brain...prior to chemo.

He is developmentally delayed. He can only see out of his left eye.  He never cries. He as a patient at a major children’s hospital...was a case study because of his unusual disease complications.  He was born normal....for first 12 months of his life before cancer took over.

This is hard on parents who also just had their 2nd child, a girl 3 months ago. The father, is my nephew is the one who lost his mother/my sister.