Post something that will make us smile

Kirby

Me and Badge were out for an evening stroll.

Cutting through a parking lot headed to the railroad tracks, a feral tom cat appeared out of the shadows. He and Badge locked eyes. He hunkered down, Badge went into hunt mode. Close to the ground, focused and silent, she arrowed toward the cat. He didn't move till she was about 10 feet away, then his back went up, way up, and I swear laser beams shot from his eyes, a scream way too big to have come from such a small cat filled the night.

Badge didn't hesitate.

She turned herself inside out, and sideways, inside 7 inches she went from locked in missile to happy go lucky mutt, casually trotting back to me with a sheepish smile that denied the existence of cats in general, and the the one in the shadow in particular.

Badge was no fool. 

• Haha 4

IMG_0174.jpgz

That is Ginger.  He is from Australia.  The woman that runs Dallas Street Dog Advocates is an Aussie.  Her mother recently sold the family farm and moved into a place in town that does not accept pets, so Ginger is coming to America.  Martha said he was scared and shaking so bad.  He is going to get lots of love and cuddles.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

8 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

That is so sad to have to give up a doggeh. :(  Look at those sad brown eyes  

But dawgz are usually adaptable, thank goodness. 

So here is the story.  Our good friends are from Austrailia.  The wife, Relle, runs Dallas Street Dog Advocates.  They have taken in quite a few hard to place animals and just do not have room for one more.

Relle's father passed a few years back and it got to the point where her mum could no longer run the big sheep and cattle ranch so they sold it and she moved to Toowoomba and could not take Ginger with her.  Relle does not have room for another dog and asked if we would adopt Ginger if she could get him to the states.  Of course we, (my wife ) said yes and so once Ginger gets settled a bit and Relle is ready to let him go, he will be coming to live with us and she can still see him any time she wants.

Here are some pics from the old place back in Stralya.
Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, plant, grass, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: tree, outdoor and nature

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

Image may contain: cloud, sky, outdoor and nature

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

No crowds today at Costco - they were limiting how many get in but there was no line at around noon.

I went there because cases of twenty-four 20 oz. plastic bottles of Snapple Tea or Diet Snapple Tea (8 peach, 8 lemon, 8 raspberry) are on sale for $12.99 ($4 off).  I got 4: two for me, one each for brother and sister and delivered them.  I also got 3 lb of stuff salmon (4 stuffed filets) at $8.99/lb and that and the Snapple used up the $59.19 gift certificate for my 2019 cash-back on my City Costco Visa.

Now, I think i can last a month without a food or drink complaint.