Another coronavirus realization...

Randomguy

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Black cycling socks are still hideous, just horrific looking.  

Who ever thought this was a good look?  The blind?  The brain-damaged?  The terminally unaware?

I have black & red ankle socks I sometimes wear.  I'm more a white ankle sock type - usually those Defeet Aireator ones that used to be sold at Performance as "seconds".  Got ones from 15yrs ago still going strong.

38 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

usually those Defeet Aireator ones that used to be sold at Performance as "seconds". 

Probably the best deal of my life was the two pairs of Defeet wool socks "seconds" from Performance. One pair is fully black, the other has a Carlyle pattern on black socks.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

You probably pull your socks up to your knee, just not black ones, eh?

Those are just dumb ideas, too.  Low-cut mostly white socks for me, like from the early 2000's.  If I was going on rainy or muddy rides, I would wear charcoal grey low-cut socks.  I simply wouldn't wear black, it looks objectively awful.

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Yes, this is natural.  Especially if raining.

ewww.  We did a rainy ride a few years back, a rather large dark skinned male in white shorts.  Thankfully, he was relatively easy to pass.  And seeing him off the bike at the rest stops encouraged people not to lag

• Haha 1

My wife kept jacking my white PI socks so i gave them to her & I switched them all out to black.  I have a bunch of those PB Defeet wooleators and several smart wool socks too. I have some lightweight PI socks in black too.

Any of you remember those thin white ankle socks with the thin red, white & blue stripes on the top they sold at bike shops back in the day?  I used to have a bunch of them. My leather Vittorias with those socks, yeah man that was the look!