Time changes tonight

maddmaxx

9 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

In the modern tech world, there are only a couple of clocks in the house that I actually have to change by hand.

I like changing the clocks. Everything cell is synced, but I set the wall clock, range, and microwave in the kitchen five minutes fast so that mr. gets a bit of a head start. 

Thanks for the reminder.

I used to have a VCR that automatically changed at the old, earlier in October, date.

Going by it one Sunday after it had done its "Fall back," when it was really 1 pm I thought it was noon and couldn't understand why I couldn't alter my fantasy football lineup BEFORE the 1 pm games started!

9 hours ago, roadsue said:

five minutes fast so that mr. gets a bit of a head start. 

WoBG would set the time on her alarm clock about 25 minutes fast.  I guess the idea was she'd get up on time.  The problem with the plan, she knew the clock was fast, so she slept for 25 more minutes.   

I got in trouble one year at the time change....  I set ALL of the clocks to the correct time.  WoBG was 25 minutes late the next time she went to work. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

WoBG would set the time on her alarm clock about 25 minutes fast.  I guess the idea was she'd get up on time.  The problem with the plan, she knew the clock was fast, so she slept for 25 more minutes.   

I got in trouble one year at the time change....  I set ALL of the clocks to the correct time.  WoBG was 25 minutes late the next time she went to work. 

You interrupted the system. 😂

2 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

One guy at work was always setting all the clocks fast. Not sure why but I would always reset them to the correct time. Sometimes when I was sick of him doing that I would set them a couple minutes slow.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

One guy at work was always setting all the clocks fast. Not sure why but I would always reset them to the correct time. Sometimes when I was sick of him doing that I would set them a couple minutes slow.

My MIL had all her clocks about 20 minutes fast, we called it Mary time..

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Further said:

Starting tomorrow, the Toyota will be right

My 2016 Toyota Prius has TWO locations to update for DST.   :angry:

The first year I had the car and the time changed, I changed the clock.   I though I was done.  Then I used the navigation system for a trip.  The estimated arrival time was off by one hour. It took forever to find the place to change the nav system for DST.  Now I get to find it again.   :angry:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

The first year I had the car and the time changed, I changed the clock.   I though I was done.  Then I used the navigation system for a trip.  The estimated arrival time was off by one hour. It took forever to find the place to change the nav system for DST.  Now I get to find it again.   :angry:

You would think a nav system would be smart enough to set itself.

8 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

My wife's Prius did that and I had two Camry's that did that.  Great cars with small annoying features.

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

You would think a nav system would be smart enough to set itself.

I expected my 2013 car to be that smart, but nooooo!  Maybe the designers were afraid of shifting dates for the time changes. 

This reminds me, the 9v battery in my trusty old Panasonic clock radio needs replacing. It lasted many years but eventually gave up the ghost. We have a nice stock of all batteries except for those expensive 9v jobbers. I better get that done before it bites me in the ass!