Your favorite big bag of chips

Road Runner

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

I buy those cape cod chips but my big bag is a bag of bags.  Portion control.

I always like the variety packs of chips. I limit myself to three little bags at a time.  Usually I get the Frito Lay Dorito mix at Costco, so my go to mix is one bag Doritos, one bag Cheetos, and either a potato chip or a Fritos.  So tasty!

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I always like the variety packs of chips. I limit myself to three little bags at a time.  Usually I get the Frito Lay Dorito mix at Costco, so my go to mix is one bag Doritos, one bag Cheetos, and either a potato chip or a Fritos.  So tasty!

I don't buy big bags of chips.  WoKzoo does.  She likes Lay's original.  I eat chips about once or twice a month.  Whatever WoKzoo leaves in the cupboard.  I don't really care much for kettle chips.  I think they are un'merican.

• Heart 1

Just now, Kzoo said:

I don't really care much for kettle chips.  I think they are un'merican.

Cape Cod and Massachusetts and really New England in general are about as un'Merican as it gets!

Lays originals are tasty (salty!), but I also like waffle and ridged types of chips.  Potato chips (and other snack chips) get a whole aisle of the grocery store for a reason!

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, smudge said:

349615720_LaysSimplySeaSaltThickCut2.jpg.6f9aad7d77741b5bd974c6796b466998.jpg

3 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

My favorite corn chip:

Tostitos Cantina Tortilla Chips Thin & Crispy Party Size | Hy-Vee Aisles  Online Grocery Shopping

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Cape Cod and Massachusetts and really New England in general are about as un'Merican as it gets!

Lays originals are tasty (salty!), but I also like waffle and ridged types of chips.  Potato chips (and other snack chips) get a whole aisle of the grocery store for a reason!

24 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I don't buy big bags of chips.  WoKzoo does.  She likes Lay's original.  I eat chips about once or twice a month.  Whatever WoKzoo leaves in the cupboard.  I don't really care much for kettle chips.  I think they are un'merican.

29 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Looks like Frito Lays is by far the favorite.  Texas may suck at chili, electricity and humbleness, but we make damn good junk food.

• Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Looks like Frito Lays is by far the favorite.  Texas may suck at chili, electricity and humbleness, but we make damn good junk food.

I have a friend that has a large potato farming operation.  Several years ago they had a long running Lay's contract.  He was 3rd generation and they had been delivery potatoes to lots of chip companies over the decades.  He said that Frito Lay's was by far the strictest on quality.  They had lots of potatoes that they had to find homes for after rejected by Frito.  And they couldn't sell to another chip company.  Frito demanded exclusive vendors.

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I have a friend that has a large potato farming operation.  Several years ago they had a long running Lay's contract.  He was 3rd generation and they had been delivery potatoes to lots of chip companies over the decades.  He said that Frito Lay's was by far the strictest on quality.  They had lots of potatoes that they had to find homes for after rejected by Frito.  And they couldn't sell to another chip company.  Frito demanded exclusive vendors.

Good friend of mine was high up at Frito Lay Pepsi.  He used to be in charged of buying potatoes at one point.  Yep. they are strict.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I like the kettle cooked chips for the thickness.  Just for fun, I like to douse them with some Frank's hot sauce.   :drool: 

"Frank's RedHot's recipe dates to 1896 to the Frank Tea and Spice Company in Cincinnati, Ohio." 

Don't tell the nuts here from Ohio!