Work is masking up again!

petitepedal

We have the 98 year old non vaccinated..covid positive resident.. family denial folks..and just yesterday a couple..where both have health issues..they are vaccinated...she test positive..he is re-testing cos he just started feeling lousy ...So number of people in the dining room is being reduced ..our large information meeting will not take place..and marks in public.

• Sad 4
  • Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

We have the 98 year old non vaccinated..covid positive resident.. family denial folks..and just yesterday a couple..where both have health issues..they are vaccinated...she test positive..he is re-testing cos he just started feeling lousy ...So number of people in the dining room is being reduced ..our large information meeting will not take place..and marks in public.

My office made it a condition of return to office. If you want to be here, you have to mask up.  Vaccination status doesn’t matter either.

• Heart 1

59 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

maskirovka

I had to use the Google... 

Русский военный обман, иногда известный как маскировка, - это военная доктрина, разработанная с начала двадцатого века.

1 hour ago, Bikeguy said:

I had to use the Google... 

Русский военный обман, иногда известный как маскировка, - это военная доктрина, разработанная с начала двадцатого века.

Да комера. Ты очень хорошо справился

• Haha 1

They dropped the mask requirement if you were vaxxed, even came up with a helmet sticker to show you were vaxxed. That lasted about 2 weeks, we have been mask required for a while now. And they are enforcing it, caught without a mask on you will be walked out, how much pay you will lose seems to be variable. I see far fewer people without masks lately.

Throughout the summer, masks were not required in most stores in Maryland - Walmart and pharmacies required them - but a lot of people in supermarkets, etc. were wearing masks anyway and I started wearing mine again.

Now, most stores in my area are either requiring them or have a sign on the door strongly recommending them and the vast majority of people are wearing them.

Last November, our GOP, pro-mask Governor's aside at a press conference when he said, "Just wear the damn masks," went viral and it became the cool thing to do to wear a mask here.  Florida has 3.5x Maryland's population and 18x Maryland's COVID daily death rate.  Only 63% of Florida's 18-64 population is COVID vaccinated and even Maryland's 12-17 kids are 63% vaccinated.

The numbers, consistent from state to state, don't lie: vaccinations and masks work!

I am masking more often after not wearing it much over the summer aside from larger stores. The vaccination rate is low here. Seniors did a good job with it, but it's been their kids, my generation who have been terrible. One of my favorite people at one of my clients got Covid last month. She said it was bad for her and her husband was worse. Yet he is still adamant about not getting the shots and she is hesitating because it will cause friction in their household. She knows better, but is bowing to his wishes. Too many stories like that around here.