The cutaway van

Dirtyhip

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Are you levelling the subfloor?  Vinyl tends to crack if the floor moves or isnt leveled.  

The boards are as level as it is gonna get. There are no raised up lips or uneven boards. Everything is pretty level but the van won't always be level.

6 minutes ago, 12string said:

Are you insulating the ceiling?

Is the door to the cab going away?

And where's the bike rack?  Shouldn't that get installed FIRST?

Yes, no, the bike rack will be in the garage.  I really like the bulkhead. This piece will help us stay safe in a possible accident.  We are not removing it. There was a bit of a change from the Ford van layout. 

• Like 1

More stooping today.  We need to putty up the knots and gaps to prep for floor.  We tried to find the best piece of plywood.  Some of the pieces were worse than what we found.  It rained again last night, so we need to be careful going inside the van.  We wish we had a proper indoor space to work on this vehicle.  It is way too tall for our garage.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

More stooping today.  We need to putty up the knots and gaps to prep for floor.  We tried to find the best piece of plywood.  Some of the pieces were worse than what we found.  It rained again last night, so we need to be careful going inside the van.  We wish we had a proper indoor space to work on this vehicle.  It is way too tall for our garage.

Oops… Time for a new garage. 😀

• Heart 1

10 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I have a better idea for you DH.

1AC3421A-02E8-4D48-875E-D861C483DBA9.jpeg

But we would have to buy that matching car.  The car is probably worth more than if we just did the Transit.

The dealership locally still hasn't given us our deposit back.  I asked for it three weeks ago.  I am so glad we didn't buy a van from them.  They are terrible.

11 minutes ago, smudge said:

OMG!! Stage a sit-in. A potentially LOUD sit-in. "You expect me to wait HOW LONG for my deposit??!!" Of course you say that when a customer is walking past you.

It's 500 and we have been pretty busy.  I will get it back.  They are just complete assholes.  The other dealer up by Scrapr gave us our deposit back in about 5 days, with mailing time.  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

9 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Tomorrow, sweep it out again as  lay cardboard on all of it. This will likely be a daily job. I want two batteries. I have the battery bug. 

I still want an oven. Eh...

They make heavy construction paper just for this.  You tape it down with painters tape.

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

2 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Are you sticking with a 12 volt system or will you install an inverter? 
Don’t cheap out on an inverter. Go for a pure sine wave model not modified sine wave. 
Your devices and appliances will thank you.

We are getting an inverter charger, Victron.  3000

Pure sine wave is a definite.  We will spare no expense on the energy system.  Our toy will be fun t build and we want all the goods.

• Heart 1

Wow, you're making great progress!  Love the flooring! 

This thread reminds me of the house build and I really enjoy seeing all the steps along the way.   This is going to be so nifty when you are done!

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

The door will be our sticker zone

IMG_20230427_130936309.jpg

We didn't want to do that map sticker "look where we've been " thing.  Instead, we are filling the cabinet with proper beer glasses from breweries around the country.  After this week, we finally have a proper tulip glass for Trippels.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1