How many times will you invite someone?

Kirby

I kept skimming social media today while I was waiting for my car and I saw a heated discussion about how many times will you invite someone to an event that they can't make before you stop inviting them to future events.

One person said that if someone turns down two invitations, they stop inviting that person to future events unless the person who originally refused the invitation makes an effort to organize some social event and invite others.

Some people who were busy with kids/work said how much they appreciated that their friends didn't give up on them and kept inviting them to things.

How about you?  How long will you keep inviting someone who always seems too busy?

• Hugs 1

Our social events are family events so everyone is invited (well unless bitch sister is involved).  We have a different issue in that people will get offended if not invited even if they had no intentions of attending.  

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Some people who were busy with kids/work said how much they appreciated that their friends didn't give up on them and kept inviting them to things.

How about you?  How long will you keep inviting someone who always seems too busy?

Family is always invited, even if they fail several times....'cause I do have a family member who does work on weekends sometimes. (That's doc-sister.)

If a person says they appreciate a friend doesn't give up on them, even though they get invited, I would seriously pay attention to that.  They really do mean this, especially those with children and 2 breadwinners. For those who don't have children, I would tend not invite perpetually and see how they react later.  I'm sorry, those of use who don't have children and work day jobs, really, one CAN make time.

• Heart 1

Thankfully for me, I have patient and persistent friends and family.  I have always had odd work schedules that didn't jibe with 9-5ers.   I missed a lot of social engagements and special events yet they still invite me.  

For that reason, I never really give up on people, I just ask them to attend in a more passive way. 

• Heart 2