Two Milwaukees?

2Far

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

The term racist gets thrown around too much too easily nowadays to the point it doesn't mean much. It should be reserved for real racism.

I haven't been to Milwaukee so I don't know how to evaluate.

Are these the words of an old white dude?

5 hours ago, Page Turner said:

...I have visited Milwaukee, thus I am the forum expert.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I used to drive through Milwaukee.   It didn't seem any more or less segregated than other cities in the midwest.  Suburbs are suburbs.

I have you all beat. On Sunday I was in Milwaukee drinking beer on Water street 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I have an older Milwaukee Sawzall.  It still has a cord.  No running out of battery on this one.  It will cut through just about anything that needs cuttin' through.

I have a $5 harbor freight reciprocating saw. I bought it to see if something that cheap would even run. So far it’s cut everything I have asked it to. Pure Chinesium.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I have an older Milwaukee Sawzall.  It still has a cord.  No running out of battery on this one.  It will cut through just about anything that needs cuttin' through.

Was it used for organ removal?

• Haha 1

I went to graduate school at IIT in Chicago in the mid-70's.  I went to Madison and camped at Devil's Lake in Wisconsin, but never went to Milwaukee.

I had been offered a similar scholarship and graduate teaching assistantship in chemistry at Marquette U. in Milwaukee, as well as at U. of Ohio, Notre Dame, and Virginia Tech, but IIT was higher ranked in chemistry.

The Boston Braves moved there then eventually moved to Atlanta, then it got the Brewers who switched from the AL to the NL.

It attracted the Washington Senators who became the Minnesota Twins.

I liked Fran Tarkenton, the Purple People Eaters, and Adrian Peterson on the Vikings.

There were a lot of breweries there. Maybe there still are.

That's about all I have to say about that.

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

There was a 20v Dewalt recip saw on sale when I was upgrading my power tools. I don't often use it, but it's really handy when I need it.