Sooo, saw the electrician yesterday.

2Far

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

15 days of 24/7 cardiac data from the monitor (and a call literally every day about my low heart rate), he says the low 30s heart rate (occasionally during the day) is a concern. Says that it is time to be a proactive before it causes an issue which needs (urgently) correcting. Gonna get a pacemaker on the 28th. They'll set the base rate at 60 bpm & said that I'll feel like superman with almost twice as much blood flowing coursing thru my veins. I told Wo2 to get ready.

Restrictions:  no driving for 2 weeks, incision care/restrictions for 2 weeks, no lifting my left arm over shoulder high for 6 weeks.

He didn't see any A-fib, so no more monitor. I forgot to ask about the Eliquis, so I submitted a question thru the portal.

If you're gonna get old, ya better be tough.

Good to at least be aware and ahead of the issues than unaware and falling further behind.  Hopefully, with them having a better handle on it, the treatments will give you a lot of improvements short and long term!

• Heart 3

56 minutes ago, 2Far said:

15 days of 24/7 cardiac data from the monitor (and a call literally every day about my low heart rate), he says the low 30s heart rate (occasionally during the day) is a concern. Says that it is time to be a proactive before it causes an issue which needs (urgently) correcting. Gonna get a pacemaker on the 28th. They'll set the base rate at 60 bpm & said that I'll feel like superman with almost twice as much blood flowing coursing thru my veins. I told Wo2 to get ready.

Restrictions:  no driving for 2 weeks, incision care/restrictions for 2 weeks, no lifting my left arm over shoulder high for 6 weeks.

He didn't see any A-fib, so no more monitor. I forgot to ask about the Eliquis, so I submitted a question thru the portal.

If you're gonna get old, ya better be tough.

Good luck with the procedure.  Sounds like you're in good hands and caught the problem early enough to avoid serious problems!

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

Gonna get a pacemaker on the 28th. They'll set the base rate at 60 bpm & said that I'll feel like superman with almost twice as much blood flowing coursing thru my veins. I told Wo2 to get ready.

Second nomination for POTD, although Ralph snapping beans is really cute.

I wore the Life Vest monitor for two months and never heard a word from them. Then I wore the second heart monitor for 30 days and haven’t heard anything from them either. I don’t think that second monitor was working because it was connected to them through Bluetooth and wi-fi and I discovered one time when the battery went dead it shut itself off. I thought when I recharged the battery it was good. I wore that stupid thing for three days before I figured out it was still shut off. They never called me about it. I restarted it.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Second nomination for POTD, although Ralph snapping beans is really cute.

I wore the Life Vest monitor for two months and never heard a word from them. Then I wore the second heart monitor for 30 days and haven’t heard anything from them either. I don’t think that second monitor was working because it was connected to them through Bluetooth and wi-fi and I discovered one time when the battery went dead it shut itself off. I thought when I recharged the battery it was good. I wore that stupid thing for three days before I figured out it was still shut off. They never called me about it. I restarted it.

You would have gotten a call if the BILLING had been turned off.  The battery, bluetooth, wifi, etc., are simply secondary functions :(

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I am kinda interested in the price of the hardware. The nuts & bolts for my hip were ~$26k.

When Einstein got his pacemaker his blue tooth sender of data thingie was confused.  It was sending data all the time, not once a week.  The nurse must have called him a million times until they got it corrected.  I'm sure that cost our insurance company a pretty penny.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Airehead said:

When Einstein got his pacemaker his blue tooth sender of data thingie was confused.  It was sending data all the time, not once a week.  The nurse must have called him a million times until they got it corrected.  I'm sure that cost our insurance company a pretty penny.

The dang Russians got in. :(

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

How's Einstein's life with a bionic regulator?

Seems like doctors get more concerned about low heart rates than I would have thought.  I always thought a low rate was a sign of good cardio health.  But my doctor seems a bit concerned about mine as well (upper 40's).  He recently wanted to take me off of one of my meds because he was afraid that my heart rate was too low.  I guess in my case, my age has a lot to do with it.