Loaded up and heading back tomorrow

KrAzY

14 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Drive carefully. It’s going to take a Valiant effort to get that car to Texas.

That car looks really good. Two of my high school buddies had Valiants and they were already all putty from rust. Had good times with them though.

This one needs a little more work then I figured. Has a little bubble under the paint, but I’m not too worried about it just yet. 

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

Actually considered one of the ugliest cars ever made. Which makes it a true classic especially with a Slant 6 engine.

Looks like a fine example and I'd love to have one like it.

I’ll tell ya what.. ya never see any at classic car shows. 
It was built to rust and fall apart so you could buy another. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Actually considered one of the ugliest cars ever made. Which makes it a true classic especially with a Slant 6 engine.

Looks like a fine example and I'd love to have one like it.

It actually doesn’t look that bad. Those bigass grills are sort of back in style, as are sculpted bodies like on the rear fenders. And too bad there are paint bubbles because I like the sky blue color. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Philander Seabury said:

It actually doesn’t look that bad. Those bigass grills are sort of back in style, as are sculpted bodies like on the rear fenders. And too bad there are paint bubbles because I like the sky blue color. 

I have the paint codes and will have it matched when the body is good and smooth again. I’ll also need to reinforce the driver side floor panel, redo the carpet and throw away the aftermarket seatbelts. I’m not about keeping safe as much as I am about the originality of the vehicles. 

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

It was but I really like it.  The end of the tail fin era.  :) 

I wish it had the cat eye tail lights. But these are just as cool. 

image.jpg

• Heart 3

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

My 68 Cuda had the "Valiant" label on it.  I think the first Baracuda's were just fastback Valiants with the 318. 

I believe your right on that.. valiants got rebranded a couple of times over the years. 

On 9/25/2021 at 4:48 PM, KrAzY said:

Made it up to Ohio yesterday, Solon area this afternoon and now back to my parents house. 
from what I was told.. no one in the family knows it yet, but the car is leaving one family meme we and moving to Texas to be with my family from now on out.. not like many of them will actually notice it is missing. 
My aunt thanked me for taking the car, and getting it away from her husband.. lol

he has been caring for the valiant since the late 70’s early ‘80’s. 
He is happy that it is coming to someone that will care for it and loves older cars. 

41C3BC6D-AB64-477C-9889-CB9B74238DE8.jpeg

3E8AB4E3-214B-4A41-8754-0FCBA38960A0.jpeg

Super COOL!  Enjoy the HECK out of that car.  It is nice to keep these things in the family :)

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Super COOL!  Enjoy the HECK out of that car.  It is nice to keep these things in the family :)

I'm loving it.. just unloaded it from the trailer, and found out within a few min of driving it that this car is going to cost me a lot in speeding tickets.. LOL

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

While I was outside unloading about 10 cases of root beer I brought back with me out of the truck (Cant find sprecher sodas in Texas)... One of my neighbors slammed on his breaks, jumped out of his SUV and screamed "What The F MAN"... I laughed.. guess I'm not the only motor head in this hood. 
He has been looking for an older car to restore.. told me it's not fair I get two and he has none. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

Here's a recent story about a 1965 Valiant on Jalopnik. Not very nice looking but runs.

I Bought The Most Reliable American Car Ever Built. Now I'm Putting It To The Test

https://jalopnik.com/i-bought-the-most-reliable-american-car-ever-built-now-1847759013

It’s a good read, I laughed that they called the slant 6 the tower of power

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I always had trouble driving through puddles and the tires splashed cold water on the distributor which was located on the leaning side of the engine. I thought they should have put it on the top side of the engine.

Depending on weather tomorrow morning, we will be hitting a small car show. I had to promise my wife coffee since she will be going with me and it will be before 9am..