I bought a pineapple

bikeman564™
Go to solution Solved by a bunch of numbers,

4 hours ago, Dolly Parton said:

What? How?  From where?

Pineapple Tart Black tea from Indigo Tea Company that @petitepedal discovered some time ago.  Ingredients are listed as Black tea, pineapple pieces, blackberry and lime leaves, calendula and sunflower petals and "natural flavoring".  I've had a couple pitchers going at once, so I haven't tried it yet, but will tomorrow. 

https://www.indigo-tea.com/products/pineapple-tart?_pos=1&_sid=5671872a7&_ss=r

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

I bought a fresh pineapple for in the fruit salad for the picnic wedding. It wasn’t sweet, just bland.

Definitely need to let it ripen and get the sugars concentrated.   

It's alway annoying when a fruit salad - especially with various melons (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon) are not yet ripe.  :(  Fruit salad can be delicious when the fruits are at their best, but that's not super easy to pull off.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Definitely need to let it ripen and get the sugars concentrated.   

It's alway annoying when a fruit salad - especially with various melons (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon) are not yet ripe.  :(  Fruit salad can be delicious when the fruits are at their best, but that's not super easy to pull off.

I figured they were not ripe but I wasn’t going to postpone the wedding.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

The pineapple tea is good, but it doesn't taste particularly pineapply.  It's a nice and citrus-like  sort of like a mango tea.  I definitely think I prefer it iced to hot.

Should I get some?  I would definitely ice the living crap out of it if that makes a difference.

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Should I get some?  I would definitely ice the living crap out of it if that makes a difference.

I'd be more inclined to go with Tea Source's Mango Tango.  I'll drink the rest of the pineapple tea, but likely not order again.