Who's car shopping?

Street-legal, track-ready supercar power with Mustang® soul.

Preproduction model shown. 2025 Ford Mustang® GTD projected availability late 2024/early 2025.

2025 Mustang® GTD parked on a closed course

Unmatched Customer Experience

The Mustang® GTD features exceptional concierge service from the Mustang GTD team. Each is hand-delivered to your home and comes with access to GTD owner experiences.

$300,000

Estimated Starting At MSRP.

I saw that.  One of those cars that folks will buy up as "investments".  :dontknow:  I am always saddened by cool cars that are produced in such small quantities or for such high prices that they are just relegated to a collection :(

But, maybe some trickle down happens over time.

I’m car shopping Petite style. Hopefully I won’t need another car for a few more years. Judie and I were talking about taking road trips and both our vehicles are over ten years old and have over 100,000 miles. No issues with either car but the Honda Pilot had no issues until it did, no warning the engine just crapped out. I would hate to be a thousand miles from home on a road trip and have that happen. I don’t think owl buy a Ford but that Mustang is too small. Owl need AWD and enough room to haul bikes and kayaks and maybe pull a trailer. The forum was talking about Subarus and I started looking online at them. Next thing I knew I was getting spammed with all kind of car ads. I’m glad I didn’t share my phone number or I would never hear the end of it.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

If you treat it gently for a few years, it should appreciate in value - or, at the least, not depreciate so you are driving it for "free".

qu'est-ce "a few years"

And I'm not a collector.  I'm a driver.

• Heart 1

Almost everyone can buy a $25K to $60K vehicle that can better suit their driving needs than a six-figure-priced car that's a money pit due to high insurance and low gas mileage.  Of course, you're not going to drive the thief-attractor to a shopping mall or store, park in the parking lot and leave it unattended!

So I'm the opposite of impressed by such cars and the people who buy them.

Hooray for Warren Buffett and Alice Walton (Walmart founder's daughter):

image.thumb.png.0840d610682e583248d336f2fafc0f0f.png

image.thumb.png.12edfa77bd598bd8478a47476bb8d35f.png

• Heart 2

On 3/6/2024 at 8:43 AM, Razors Edge said:

I saw that.  One of those cars that folks will buy up as "investments".  :dontknow:  I am always saddened by cool cars that are produced in such small quantities or for such high prices that they are just relegated to a collection :(

But, maybe some trickle down happens over time.

5b6a3602.jpg

47 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Volvo xc60

Subaru Outback 

Alfa Romeo  Tonale

One of each!  

Honestly, I would probably buy the one that had dealers closest to where you live so every service doesn't become a trek up Everest or somesuch.  I would also factor in resale value, so that means the Alfa Romeo probably drops out for that if I was buying.

• Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

One of each!  

Honestly, I would probably buy the one that had dealers closest to where you live so every service doesn't become a trek up Everest or somesuch.  I would also factor in resale value, so that means the Alfa Romeo probably drops out for that if I was buying.

Good points. Plus what Einstein likes. He cars way more than me. I would keep my 4 year old Outback. He is itchy for new cars. 

• Heart 1

The CX5 forced the issue to the CX30 sooner than we planned. After a week with the CX30, I’m glad it did! 
As far as theft concerns, Kia Soul, Honda Civic and Nissan Altima seem to be the prime victims here. My coworker’s Soul was stolen 2 months ago. 
This area has a lot of hyper expensive cars driving around. Even so, if one is stolen, they are easy to pick out. I don’t lock the Miata because I don’t want them to cut the top to get in. Its biggest anti-theft measure is the manual transmission. Pretty darn effective from what I hear. 

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, groupw said:

I don’t lock the Miata because I don’t want them to cut the top to get in. Its biggest anti-theft measure is the manual transmission. Pretty darn effective from what I hear. 

Worked with a guy who lived in a bad hood. He came to work one day bitching like hell about his neighbors busting his car window to rob the car. After a while he calmed down and reflected that it was his own fault. Said he locked it by accident, when they saw locked doors they assumed there was something to steal.