June is almost over..how are those summer plans going?

petitepedal

Biking wise...they are not..Ian pooped out on doing the ride to Grand Portage or the Canadian border... He will ride all over territory he has ridden for years....and He has even done some bike trips with his vision issues...but he decided this wasn't in the books...Without some kind of ride goal, I am less inclined to ride.  I also need to push Ian to sell the Tank to me and move it to my house...I think I would jump on it after work...before I would jump on the Madone...

I am still recovering from my cough :wacko:..exertion along with the hot humid days seemed to make it worse (loving today!)

I want to visit my friend in South Dakota...an easy long weekend trip...but we have yet to agree on dates :wacko: There may be a trip to Appleton and Door County on the agenda...but that friend may have some serious surgery coming up!

I am still thinking about a Fall trip...maybe to Albuquerque...but it is all about money...and my budget is tight for at least another year :wacko: And there is the big 60 Adventure to think about...

Need more picnics or BBQ's or a hike...

11 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I want a do over.

So do I.  I just got out of the sling last week.  Lifting is still limited (to what I can bare not what the doctor said).  I plan on doing my 4th ride of the summer this afternoon.  Physical work around the house is limited.  

#itsmyownfault

Summer? I am so hoping to cycle on my mountain bike for exercise by October.  If I get back in shape enough by next Spring or Summer, there's a local group that break up into several levels of speed that meets Sat. AM's at a nearby LSB and I may get a lower-priced but praised comfort or road bike, something like a Marin Fairfax SC1 or a Trek FX-2, and join the 13 mph group (I avg. 11.5 mph on my mountain bike).  So Summer plans? Yeah, Summer 2018!

• Heart 1

I'm working on a project at work that keeps having a changing end date which is hampering my vacation planning.  I could go before the project is over, but it would be harder, and I'd probably have to deal with some work issues on the trip, so I'd rather go when it's over and I can really get away.  But I need to get busy with some possible plans, or I fear I could end up doing nothing

I am getting in a great summer but not much riding. I'm still gun shy, I put new tires , saddle and aero bars on the road bike planning on attempting some KOMs and try to move up the leaderboard on a local time trial but I think about crashing and wonder if it even makes any sense at all for a guy my age. My shoulder will never be right again but I can still do most everything. It doesn't work for swimming and that kind of sux but I can still breast stroke. I kayak three or four days a week and catch lots of fish. My gardens look great. I am having a great time with my grandkids. I should maybe do some longish rides on some of the longer rail trails around here.

• Heart 1

I really didn't set any true goals for summer. I am cycling well. My running is rough to nonexistent at the moment. 

New have not been able to drive the Miata since April. Front main seal is leaking, the budget has been too tight to get it to a shop and our daughter'a health issues mean some trips to AZ we had not planned on that will make it tough to do the work myself     :(  

I also haven't scheduled any photo sessions because I didn't know when I would need to travel. 

Daughter is doing well mentally. She had to get some more blood because her hemoglobin had dropped again. They did say the tumor is a little more aggressive than originally thought. They added 2 more weeks to her chemo/radiation treatments so WoW and I will each be doing another trip down over the next couple months. We filled some applications with a local cancer support group that can help us with travel expenses. I am on friendly terms with its director. She told me she was very impressed with our daughter and how she is dealing with things. Told us to be very proud of her!:wub:

• Heart 1

On 6/24/2017 at 10:36 AM, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Didja hit a gate?  Sorry, I missed the story, or at least I can;t remember it.  DId you touch wheels?

@RalphWaldoMooseworth I touched wheels and went over and landed on the back of my left shoulder and smacked my head.  No head damage just a cracked helmet.  Broken left collarbone.  Today I got back in the saddle for a nice 21 mile ride.

• Heart 2

The deck I started last October and "was going to have done for Memorial Day" still isn't done. Still haven't done my usual ride around the lake even once, haven't done my Climbing Stupidity ride, have yet to ride the whole Link Trail like I've been wanting to and there's a few of my favorite climbs that I haven't gotten to. :(

But I have done some new things and in my defense, it's rained at least a little almost every damned day for the last two months. :angry:

One of my goals was to do 2 camping trips, and climb some mountains.  I did the first this weekend, and hope to do the 2nd in September.  Climbing wasn't fully successful, as I didn't finish Saturday's climb, and due to my fall on Saturday, didn't climb on Sunday.

But overall it was a good solo trip.

Other goals have to do with swimming, weightlifting, creative writing, and healthy eating. Need improvements in all of the above.

My boss has summer plans for me. :(  I get a few days of summer at home after this Italy/ Turkey flight.  That will be Tuesday.  Then I go to Iceland for nine days and on to Palma de Majorca.  I airline home on July 16 and drive to Montreal for my annual training for a week. Then I have a week off before going back to Palma to bring them home.  It is a good thing WoWilbur and kids are using the summer place.  I won't be there much this summer.