Think I might be called into the HR office this week.

KrAzY

There is a guy at work that started a couple weeks ago.. he has taken to callingbsome of the guys "brother". Normally anyone that calls me that is cool.. I don't really pay much attention to it, but this kid creeps me out a little. 

Today I put a stop to it.. I was getting ready to walk out of work when I heard.. "have a good one brother!" Come out of his mouth.. my eyes rolled back into my head and my Team Lead had an "oh shit" look on his face as I turned around.

I slowly walked up to the lil newb and set my helmet on the conveyor belt. I zipped up my jacket and entered into his personal space. He backed up a little and I stepped forward.. 

#1 I'm as scary as a soft fluffy puppy laying on it's back for belly rubs. I definitely am not a threat!

I look at him dead in his eyes and tell him...

"Don't ever call me Brother, brodog, bro or anything of us resembling a family member. I am not related to you and you ha e not earned that right to call me that. (at this time the look on his face is priceless) There is or I mean was only one person in this store that had the right to call me that. May he rest in peace (did the sign if the cross) that Vato was awesome.. if you could not go out with me into the darkest of woods on a rainy night to help burry a fresh body, then you have not earned that right." (My TL is about to lose it along with the rest of the cashiers.

I slowly turned away and picked up my helmet and didn't say anything else.

My Team Lead was trying not to laugh, and added.... Damn I miss Pasquale.. he was a hell of a guy.. (finishing with the sign of the cross). 

It literally took everything I had not to laugh walking 100+ feet to the door.

And so y'all know.. Pasquale workcentre produce department still.. he is alive and well.  And I don't care who called me brother or anything for that matter.. I just love messing with the new people.

And YAY.. tomorrow is new employee hiring on the spot day..I get to help out with it!!! 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

There is a guy at work that started a couple weeks ago.. he has taken to callingbsome of the guys "brother". Normally anyone that calls me that is cool.. I don't really pay much attention to it, but this kid creeps me out a little. 

Today I put a stop to it.. I was getting ready to walk out of work when I heard.. "have a good one brother!" Come out of his mouth.. my eyes rolled back into my head and my Team Lead had an "oh shit" look on his face as I turned around.

I slowly walked up to the lil newb and set my helmet on the conveyor belt. I zipped up my jacket and entered into his personal space. He backed up a little and I stepped forward.. 

#1 I'm as scary as a soft fluffy puppy laying on it's back for belly rubs. I definitely am not a threat!

I look at him dead in his eyes and tell him...

"Don't ever call me Brother, brodog, bro or anything of us resembling a family member. I am not related to you and you ha e not earned that right to call me that. (at this time the look on his face is priceless) There is or I mean was only one person in this store that had the right to call me that. May he rest in peace (did the sign if the cross) that Vato was awesome.. if you could not go out with me into the darkest of woods on a rainy night to help burry a fresh body, then you have not earned that right." (My TL is about to lose it along with the rest of the cashiers.

I slowly turned away and picked up my helmet and didn't say anything else.

My Team Lead was trying not to laugh, and added.... Damn I miss Pasquale.. he was a hell of a guy.. (finishing with the sign of the cross). 

It literally took everything I had not to laugh walking 100+ feet to the door.

And so y'all know.. Pasquale workcentre produce department still.. he is alive and well.  And I don't care who called me brother or anything for that matter.. I just love messing with the new people.

And YAY.. tomorrow is new employee hiring on the spot day..I get to help out with it!!! 

Good job Bro!

?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Further said:

We had a few picnic tables that served as the lunch area & morning meeting space, about 20 guys gathered there. They had hired 3 new electricians, 1 looked to be in his 30's ,1 in his 20's , and 1 looked like the school bus dropped him off. They had all graduated from tech school together and were sitting together at one of the tables.

Out of the blue a guy at another table stood up, turned around, stared at the youngest one and said "you look just like my little prison buddy". He turned back and sat down at his table like nothing had happened. 

Might have to use that one next time on one of the newbs at work..lol

36 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

brah?

Sup holms!

39 minutes ago, smudge said:

You'd be fired on the spot if you did that where I work. I don't do anything NEARLY that bad, and I'm always being written up. 

I only get away with it when the HR person things it's funny.. he will say and I quote

"Welp Christian... The reason we are having this talk is because you have to be nice to the new people.. stop hazing the dorky insecure childern. Ok.. good talk, go back to work" 

He would say all that with a smile on his face 

• Heart 2

I've been called to the office so many times for saying things that I was told that the next time I will be written up. The boss did find it funny when I asked him.....how many points do I need to get fired. 

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I've been called to the office so many times for saying things that I was told that the next time I will be written up. The boss did find it funny when I asked him.....how many points do I need to get fired. 

I asked that question a few months ago.. I was told he was not sure.. but guess it is alot because no one can or wants to do my job :)

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Why so grumpy, Bro?

'CAuse the new employee is a lot younger, new and seems uppity.  ?

I don't see anything wrong asking a person politely at work, just to call you by your name, not brother nor 'Bro. That's all.   Is this how some men are in the workplace, older experienced guys playing a joke to put a person in their place at work?   I would not tolerate this from other women in the workplace... Doesn't matter about gender.

I work for an employer where across the organization we were given a lot of info. on our code of conduct.  It's for real because HR has dealt with cases of harassment.....which made it into the news over the past.....5 years.  Even if it started with a joke..  I realize culture among guys is abit different...….   

56 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

'CAuse the new employee is a lot younger, new and seems uppity.  ?

I don't see anything wrong asking a person politely at work, just to call you by your name, not brother nor 'Bro. That's all.   Is this how some men are in the workplace, older experienced guys playing a joke to put a person in their place at work?   I would not tolerate this from other women in the workplace... Doesn't matter about gender.

I work for an employer where across the organization we were given a lot of info. on our code of conduct.  It's for real because HR has dealt with cases of harassment.....which made it into the news over the past.....5 years.  Even if it started with a joke..  I realize culture among guys is abit different...….   

It's not the culture amung guys.. I am typically very professional in my workplace. I have held positions where I was either in the news media eyes, or in meetings with the CEO's and grew up around political people. 

Every now and then a person that was asked a few times by others to knock it off needs to be put in their place.. I might now work at a hippy business and we are all family.. well mostly family.. most employees refuse to learn someone's name if they feel they will not last a year. 

2 hours ago, pedalphile said:

People like you. Krazy, scare other people out of starting in new jobs so they spend the rest of their miserable lives on the dole: keep up the good work, bro.

Some kids just don't know. They have not been mentored or come from a family background that has not taught them subtlety, restraint in language and speech.  Also some kids just were lippy/assertive in high school in either positive or negative way.  Their parents aren't around to see them everywhere outside of home to see how they interact with other adults just before they are of full-time working age.  So the youngster just continues on, naïve all along. Someone does have to tell them but better to err on the gracious side when they are told. 

I'm actually abit surprised that kids these days have to be coached to look professional for an interview for any office job.  I never had to be told this when I was in my late teens. I knew. 

Just to give you idea....my niece will f-off....but she is a gracious, assertive person.  She is a university educated young woman who has worked....with a lot of men as old as her father, in the mining sector.

Now I see her tweet that she has to supervise a birthday party of 6 year olds...as she terms "a nightmare"...well she chose to be child-free with hubby.

I may tell her not to be so bombshell like ..since her audience is a lot of women...I'm sure some who are mothers.