Parr8 check in

Parr8hed

Glad you are safe.  Sorry you have to go out into this shit daily. 

I stay the fuck at home as much as possible.  Cold and rainy today, so no dog walks, no bike ride.  Martha's school clinic (think therapeutic for kids on spectrum) is still open, so she works a couple days a week.  Boys and I all got a bit short wtih each other today.  15, 18 and 50 something was just too much.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Stopping in to say Hi.  

I'm at work tonight.  Shifts will be very odd.  I am dialyzing one patient tonight.  ONE.  She has been exposed to another patient that was positive.  So now she much have her own shift.   After two weeks of no symptoms she can go back to general population.  Tomorrow I am at another facility to dialyze ONE patient who is positive.  He has been released from the hospital.  After two weeks of no fever, no other symptoms he can go back to gen pop.  We had quite a scare at a different place Sat.  She came in sick, had to send her out.  Possible exposure.  

These days I am stripping down in the garage and heading straight to the shower.

Kids are good.  Emmy is bummed that there is no softball.  G wants to race, but there are no tris.  They start E learning from home Wens.  

It's been a little slower at times, but pretty stressful.  Especially with my work.  

Hang tough kids.  

Been thinking of you a lot. How is Mrs Parr8 

Just now, Airehead said:

Been thinking of you a lot. How is Mrs Parr8 

She is good.  She is not in the direct line of fire like me, but many of her nurses are.  She has been working non-stop writing new policies, webinars, learning about this thing...gathering supplies to keep her nurses safe.  It has been exhausting at our house.  Covid this, covid that.  We can't get away from it at all.  

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

She is good.  She is not in the direct line of fire like me, but many of her nurses are.  She has been working non-stop writing new policies, webinars, learning about this thing...gathering supplies to keep her nurses safe.  It has been exhausting at our house.  Covid this, covid that.  We can't get away from it at all.  

Yep, no escaping. I feel like I do Zoom meeting all day and write all night. Group homes open, day school closed. Mrs Parr8, I know feels the weight of this just like she was direct care- maybe more so because she has to worry about them all. Many positive vibes to both of you. 

• Heart 2

Good to hear from you! I had some more flu-like than COVID symptoms last week. Normally I would just stay home a couple days, but since I work with the public, I went to the Dr. They agreed I was likely fine, but quarantined me for a week. Today is my last day! I have a WFH office now. I got a message to keep it at home when I return to work tomorrow. I get the feeling this could be the way for a while. 

My mom came back to visit just before all hell broke loose. She went to the dialysis clinic where Dad went to visit some of the people who had become friends. She has COPD so I wasn't too happy she did that. Getting a little stir crazy, but otherwise we are doing ok. 

13 hours ago, jsharr said:

Sorry about my bitchy response above.  Glad you are checking in and staying safe.  Keep it that way.   Does work keep you supplied with PPE and sanitizer and stuff like that?   

No prob at all.  We are amazingly well stocked.  With our patient's being immunocompromised already we were very big on infection control before all of this happened.  So we were already used to gowns, masks, gloves, etc.  Just now we wear masks all the time in the clinic, not just when initiating treatment.  We had a pretty good stockpile.  

13 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

So glad to hear from you.  Really glad.  Your kids look great.  So inspiring to see how well they are doing.

Thank you!

12 hours ago, Longjohn said:

How is G-man’s shifting coming along? I enjoyed that video, it reminded me of teaching my sons how to drive a stick shift.

Better.  Not great.  Got a lot of little things to fix on that truck before we drive it a lot.  We still need to get it titled, licensed and insured.  Fuel gauge, oil pressure gauge, speedometer, rear bumper, new tail light lenses and parking brake.  Just to get it road-worthy.

1 hour ago, groupw said:

Good to hear from you! I had some more flu-like than COVID symptoms last week. Normally I would just stay home a couple days, but since I work with the public, I went to the Dr. They agreed I was likely fine, but quarantined me for a week. Today is my last day! I have a WFH office now. I got a message to keep it at home when I return to work tomorrow. I get the feeling this could be the way for a while. 

My mom came back to visit just before all hell broke loose. She went to the dialysis clinic where Dad went to visit some of the people who had become friends. She has COPD so I wasn't too happy she did that. Getting a little stir crazy, but otherwise we are doing ok. 

tell her to stay the hell home!  Glad you're doing ok.

38 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Stay safe - you and the family!

It's gotta be really tough for those folks needing the dialysis and fighting coronavirus.

Yea.  Dude I am running today seems pretty wiped out.  He has a lot of co-morbidities working against him.  I can't believe he actually got discharged from the hospital.  Scary stuff.  

15 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Stopping in to say Hi.  

I'm at work tonight.  Shifts will be very odd.  I am dialyzing one patient tonight.  ONE.  She has been exposed to another patient that was positive.  So now she much have her own shift.   After two weeks of no symptoms she can go back to general population.  Tomorrow I am at another facility to dialyze ONE patient who is positive.  He has been released from the hospital.  After two weeks of no fever, no other symptoms he can go back to gen pop.  We had quite a scare at a different place Sat.  She came in sick, had to send her out.  Possible exposure.  

These days I am stripping down in the garage and heading straight to the shower.

Kids are good.  Emmy is bummed that there is no softball.  G wants to race, but there are no tris.  They start E learning from home Wens.  

It's been a little slower at times, but pretty stressful.  Especially with my work.  

Hang tough kids.  

I was thinking of you just the other day.  Weather around here has finally gotten good enough to ride.  I pulled out my biking stuff and filled the water bottle you sent me as part of a Secret Santa on LF a couple years ago.  The custom logo you had printed on it has mostly worn off but it still hold water like a champ.

Stay healthy!

• Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I was thinking of you just the other day.  Weather around here has finally gotten good enough to ride.  I pulled out my biking stuff and filled the water bottle you sent me as part of a Secret Santa on LF a couple years ago.  The custom logo you had printed on it has mostly worn off but it still hold water like a champ.

Stay healthy!

You'll have to post a pic of that.  I don't remember the logo now.