Say you're trying to fix an old tractor, spending a lot of time working on the tractor and searching

Further

14 hours ago, Further said:

Would ya keep her ? 

I guess it would depend on what your odds of finding a different one who might encourage you to instead build a large shop and outfit it with all the tools and equipment to machine or construct all your own replacement parts. 

So, first "do the math", then make your decision.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

Case 222 is a garden tractor?  and it had a 3 point hitch?

222 is a garden tractor, I’m not sure about the 3 point. The 444 is next larger series and a 3 point was an option 

This was an impulse buy, it was cheap and is a project. A 3 point is a priority on  the next tractor purchase 

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Further said:

222 is a garden tractor, I’m not sure about the 3 point. The 444 is next larger series and a 3 point was an option 

This was an impulse buy, it was cheap and is a project. A 3 point is a priority on  the next tractor purchase 

My Dad bought a Massey-Ferguson garden tractor in 1967 (the 10 I think).  There were a lot of implements available, but I dont recall if any required a 3 point hitch.  One of my uncles had a small Ford tractor that did have that type of hitch.  

I have a 1940 Mcormick-Deering W6.  I need to figure out a new place to store it, so it can be restored.  It was used on the farm as far back as I can remember.  When I was young they would use it to plow.  By the time I was in high school it was moved to just utility type work. 

• Heart 1

WoKzoo would never help out.  She would see an old rusted part and want it for some sort of decoration.  Then she would see a tractor she thought was cute and I would have to explain that we aren't looking for another tractor - just parts.  But she would send the guy her credit card anyway and ask when I can go pick it up for her. And on and on it would go.  I refuse to go car shopping with her.  It's a never ending exercise of chasing shiny objects.

On the plus side, she never eats crackers in bed.

• Haha 2

When we bought the Audi, it was the first vehicle that we bought without a specific need in mind, so my wife got to pick.  Finally got her convertible, lots of fun.  I wasn't sure she would be too keen on me keeping the GTI to rebuild it.  And she only agreed because she knew I would regret getting rid of it.  As $$$$ started turning into parts, I thought she was going to question.  She did, a little.  And there were comments about other projects around the house.

Now she's had a year with the Audi.  Comments come up about how the paddle shifter isn't as much fun as a real clutch.  And it's fun, but not quite like the GTI.  And wow, all the cleaning and painting under the hood looks cool, are we going to show it?  Last weekend she was under the car helping bolt in the subframe and suspension, and asking when will it be ready to drive.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2