Cyber Monday

Airehead

6 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Probably not. My credit card was compromised yesterday. Someone in South Carolina bought a refrigerator and lots of other stuff at Lowe’s. My card account is shut off. 

"Card"???  Use the other ones :)

Likewise, I would hope they would reissue a new card and FedEx it to you? And maybe give you a temp option for single use numbers?

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

Cyber Monday shopping done.  One SUP to be delivered on the 8th.  Oh, and a book that was hanging out in by Amazon shopping cart.

Did you buy a wet suit, or better yet a dry suit? It'll be cold if she falls in the water in a couple weeks:blink:

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

Did you buy a wet suit, or better yet a dry suit? It'll be cold if she falls in the water in a couple weeks:blink:

No, she will have to wait until summer to enjoy it.  She loves to take the grand kids to a local beach with a kayak or 2 and some tubes.  This will be one more thing she can drag there.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Worthless for online shopping

...and more and more places in general.  If, though, following the "shop local, shop small" non-cyber path, cash is very nice.

I try to always have some cash handy, and certainly for traveling, cash is a great option.  I've failed to figure out a foreign ticket machine before and resorted to using cash.  I've also had a CC declined for "suspicious" activity, and had to use a different one. Options. I like options :)

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

...and more and more places in general.  If, though, following the "shop local, shop small" non-cyber path, cash is very nice.

I try to always have some cash handy, and certainly for traveling, cash is a great option.  I've failed to figure out a foreign ticket machine before and resorted to using cash.  I've also had a CC declined for "suspicious" activity, and had to use a different one. Options. I like options :)

I use cash with the Amish. They are happy to take checks too but I don’t usually carry my check book. The self service Amish places checks would be nice because most of them went to a slot into a locked box now and you can’t make your own change. I always keep buying stuff I hadn’t planned to make the total come out even. A lot of times I over pay because I can’t make change and I don’t mind blessing the Amish.

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

One of my favorite pastimes is to annoy my wife by throwing out design terms like mid century modern, boho, open concept, industrial & such.  I really don’t know the elements of many of the terms but throw them out anyway.  WOChrisL: WTF are you talking about?  That house, it has a mid century modern boho vibe that’s really contemporary. WOChrisL: 🤦‍♀️

I’m good with all that. Just don’t say “pop of color.” That’s my peeve. 

• Haha 2

I don't think I'll be shopping for much for a while for Christmas or otherwise.

I completed my search and purchases for a range of jackets from windbreakers to heavy, flannel and sweat shirts, work and winter gloves, winter boots, as well as a snow shovel, sidewalk ice-chipper, and environmentally-friendly ice-melt.

My fridge, freezer, and pantry shelves are packed from food I couldn't find then bought in large quantities when they were back on the shelves.

I have to get a $25-$50 gift for our White Elephant game for Christmas and a gift for my 13 year-old nephew.  My soon-to-be 21 year-old, flight-attendant nephew will get cash for Christmas and more for his birthday: a big infusion of money is what he can use now with his continent hopping.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

One thing I've always done is to dedicate one card for my online purchases and nothing but.  That's PayPal.

Interesting note.  It's cheaper to ship a refrigerator to CT from South Carolina than to buy one.

Planet Money had a recent episode on shipping cost - for you/me and for businesses (Amazon or otherwise).  The one example was buying dog food on-line vs buying it somewhere and shipping it.  So, woman A bought 15lbs from Chewy for $49 w/ free 2 day delivery.  Woman B bought same 15 lb bag and shipped 2 day priority to woman A.  Shipping alone was $45. :D

2 minutes ago, Kirby said:

That was actually the key to the purchase!  On Sunday I went out to the store wearing a warm coat that was black, like pretty much all my coats.  And I saw a number of people wearing dark coats and everyone looked so dreary.  So I decided I needed a different color coat.  So today when I got an email about big discounts on coats, I purchased a baltic blue coat which will brighten up even a dreary winter day. 

perfect

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

A WiFi scale.  So you just hold your phone in your hand and walk near the scale and it tells you how much you weigh.  Lazy 'mericans...

Many 'Americans (and hopeless Canadians) can't see over their bellies to the scale's readout.  This solves a MAJOR design flaw.