Vacation 2023

BuffJim

21 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I think we’re a week or 2 before wildflower season, but I’m sure we’ll something. I’m told the water is undrinkable so you have to drink Tequila. 

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/bluebonnets-are-blooming-earlier-in-central-texas-this-year-heres-why/

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

6 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

Remember the Alamo. Also, for food…for an insulting experience devoid of customer service and ettiquite, eat at Dirty Harry,s. If not, worth watching them insult customers as you walk by on the Riverwalk.

Thanks for the tip. I’m often devoid of etiquette, so I’ll fit right in. We should get to the Alamo area early Sunday afternoon and have the rest of the day there before I fly back Monday morning. My daughter is staying to meet her friend and flying out of Houston Wednesday. 

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, BuffJim said:

Thanks for the tip. I’m often devoid of etiquette, so I’ll fit right in. We should get to the Alamo area early Sunday afternoon and have the rest of the day there before I fly back Monday morning. My daughter is staying to meet her friend and flying out of Houston Wednesday. 

Is Buff Carla with you? 

I assume you will be going to the Historic Market Square as well as the River Walk. I use to have research areas South and West of San Antonio. Usually was just driving through, unless my wife was with me. Also as a young man I spent part of some summers at Garner State Park. It is located West of town and North of Uvalde.

• Heart 2

13 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Remember the Alamo. Also, for food…for an insulting experience devoid of customer service and ettiquite, eat at Dirty Harry,s. If not, worth watching them insult customers as you walk by on the Riverwalk.

OOPS...it was Dick's Last Resort that I was thinking of...

San Antonio - (dickslastresort.com)

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

The drive from I-10 to Fredericksburg was strikingly dark. Overcast night and at times couldn’t see a single light til we got near Fredericksburg. Rolling hills - would have been nice to see, but we’re heading back that way Sunday. West of San Antonio and DFW is the real entrance to the American West. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, BuffJim said:

The drive from I-10 to Fredericksburg was strikingly dark. Overcast night and at times couldn’t see a single light til we got near Fredericksburg. Rolling hills - would have been nice to see, but we’re heading back that way Sunday. West of San Antonio and DFW is the real entrance to the American West. 

You are in the heart of barbecue country!  And quite a few good wineries down that way.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You are in the heart of barbecue country!  And quite a few good wineries down that way.

Thinking of going to Llano for bbq lunch tomorrow. Daughter is Gluten Free, so she has to approve food choices. Learned (3 times) last night that Margaritas are Gluten Free. They aren’t diabetes friendly, so I had my 3 1800 Tequilas neat, with salt and a lime. 

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Thinking of going to Llano for bbq lunch tomorrow. Daughter is Gluten Free, so she has to approve food choices. Learned (3 times) last night that Margaritas are Gluten Free. They aren’t diabetes friendly, so I had my 3 1800 Tequilas neat, with salt and a lime. 

Bourbon is gluten free.  Just sayin'.  BTW DID I MENTION GARRISON BROTHERS? 

• Awesome 1