So how many have you had?

Road Runner

Cars and trucks?   :scratch head:   What did you think I was talking about?

GD's post about his new car got me thinking about how much fun it is to get a new car (or a new used car).  I always thought I had owned a lot of cars over my life, but once I counted them up, it doesn't seem as many as I thought.

Not including motorcycles or vehicles purchased for my son, I have owned a total of 15 different cars and trucks, 9 new and 6 used.  Of the 9 new vehicles, 4 were special factory orders.  I loved my factory ordered vehicles.   :)  

How about you?  Lots of great memories of picking up that special new car or truck?  Lots of money down the toilet?  Lots of fun doing it?   :D  

1967 Ford Falcon

1978 Chevy half ton pickup

1973 Chev Monte Carlo (the wife's when we got married)

1978ish Ford Granada

1982 Buick Skylark

1986 Buick Century

1987 GMC S-15

1998 Saturn SC-2

2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport

2003 Honda Accord

the 78 Chevy pickup, 86 Buick Century, the 98 Saturn, and the 02 Wranger were purchased new. All the rest were used.

77 Austin princess
78 Honda accord
1985 dodge Daytona
1988 Chevy S-10
1989 Ford tempo
1994 Dodge Grand Caravan
1969 Triumph TR 6
1985 Ford Explorer
1999 Jeep Wrangler
1994 Dodge Dakota ex cab
1994 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel ex cab truck
1995 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel suburban
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Mini Cooper S
2003 Dodge Durango
2004 dodge Dakota quad cab 4x4

• Heart 1

90 Eagle Premier
96 Dodge Dakota
57 Chevy Panel
90 Chevy 1500 (drag truck)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500
2004 Honda Accord
2015 Honda CRV

I have also owned about six motorcycles. During the time I had the 57 and the drag truck I rode exclusively my bikes. Using the 57 as a weekend and trailer for the drag.
The drag truck was a 383 stroker, Whipple charged beast of a 11.9 truck. I rarely took it out except to piss off the ricer street racers

• Heart 1

1970 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu (owned '88-89)

1983 Mercury Lynx ('89-91)

1985 Ford Bronco II ('91-95)

1991 Ford Taurus SHO ('95-00)

*2000 VW Jetta ('00-08, bought new)

2004 Saturn Vue ('08-14)

*2014 Honda Accord ('14-present, bought new)

As a married man I have also owned three cars that have been my wife's daily drivers:  a 2003 Saturn Vue, a 2005 Chrysler minivan, and our current 2013 Chevy Traverse.

I could try to make a list but I'm old, have owned many, and I have probably forgotten some of the less memorable ones.

1958 Opal Kadet (imported by a returning serviceman before Buick started importing them in the sixties)

1955 Chevy Belair hardtop

1963 Ford Falcon Convertible

1960 Plymouth (with the big fins)

1963 Olds Cuttless Convertible with the tiny all aluminum V8 engine and 4 barrel carb, it think the engine was 215 cubic inch displacement

1965 International Scout 4WD

1964 Chevy half ton step side pickup

1965 Chevy half ton cargo van made hippy wagon

1975 Chevy half ton cargo van ordered from factory and personally converted to hippy wagon

1973 Datsun 1200 coupe

1977 Datsun King Cab pickup

1970ish Chevy station wagon

1970 something VW microbus

1950 Dodge panel truck

1970 something VW Rabbit

1970 Ford pickup

1970 something kind of Dodge work car, can't remember much about it, it got me to work and back

1966 Dodge twelve passenger van

1977 Dodge 15 passenger van

19?? Toyota Corolla

1987 Honda Civic Wagon AWD 

199? Honda Civic

1995 Honda Accord

1995 Toyota pickup

several cars that I bought for my son to commute to college and I ended up driving them while he drove the Accord because they were not reliable cars.

2005 Honda Element

I have not listed any of my wife's cars and I may have forgotten some of my cars.

• Heart 1

I used to get excited, but I've finally come to the conclusion they are just transportation appliances.

The only one I ever miss was my second '88 S-10. It was such a POS, if I wanted to get drunk and paint lobsters on the hood, I could. And did.

RIP Lobstermobile

Pics?

I did something close to that on my eagle. It was my first car and a terrible vehicle. Ithink was dark maroon so I had the eagle emblem in Chrome paint on the hood and trunk kinda like the old firebirds.
tacky as Shit but when your a young buck in downtown Detroit then a hoopty has to be a hoopty.

Same here. I'm now leaning towards nice interiors and comfort now, instead of performance.

Criteria for my last purchase: "has to haul stuff, hold two big stupid dogs, not cost a fortune and not kill me at the gas pump".

End result: 2012 Silverado, 2WD, V6. Manual windows, doesn't even have a CD player. Most boring whitebread vehicle ever, but gets the job done. (In fact, since it's white, I think I may christen it "Whitebread").

Same here. I'm now leaning towards nice interiors and comfort now, instead of performance.

Same here. When I was in my twenties all I wanted was power. The old saying 'if it don't go, chrome it' applied as well. I dolled up and tweaked so many of my cars.

Even as my accord aged I switched from headers,intakes,nitrous, and rims to stock economic mileage minded.

My main prerequisite was 30+ mpg and the capability to shove stuff in the back without it being ridiculous. The accord could hold 20 piece of sod from trunk to passenger seat. Now I might not get soil everywhere .

I used to get excited, but I've finally come to the conclusion they are just transportation appliances.

The only one I ever miss was my second '88 S-10. It was such a POS, if I wanted to get drunk and paint lobsters on the hood, I could. And did.

RIP Lobstermobile

Haha, I have had several that had "custom" paint jobs by me.  I don't think I ever did one while drunk though.  My Chevy stepside pickup was red and I had big black bats all over it.  I used it to transport my bikes to the races and one of my bikes had a big plastic skinny fat ugly tank with black bats on it. I removed all brand name identification from my racing bikes after a dispute with the dealership.  My Oldsmobile was white and someone who didn't know how to use a spray gun had painted it.  It was the worst case of orange peel I had ever seen.  When my girlfriend graduated we took spray paint and painted it up from bumper to bumper with flowers, slogans, stripes, using bright fluorescent paint.  After we had fun with it I took it to my friend's bodyshop and paid him to repaint the car properly.  My first hippy wagon van I did some custom paint work on it.  Does anyone remember the "Keep on truckin" cartoon?  I painted that guy on the side of the van but with the words "Keep on trustin" and on the sole of the guys shoe it said "in Jesus", yes I was a Jesus Freak. :nod head: 

Haha, I have had several that had "custom" paint jobs by me.  I don't think I ever did one while drunk though.  

My sister used to have a lobster fest every year. There was always a theme or gimmick. One year, we got to the house and no one was there - there was just a note with vague directions and we were told to follow the signs. She'd made a stencil of a lobster and made signs for us to follow. Turns out they'd set the whole thing up in a local park. After much eating and drinking, we went back to the house where I spotted the stencil and spray can and thought "....wtf....?" Hence the Dual Lobsters on the hood.

The best part was walking toward my buddy's white Miata with the spray can and watching him flip his shit....

the capability to shove stuff in the back without it being ridiculous. The accord could hold 20 piece of sod from trunk to passenger seat.

I used to think it was cool how much stuff I could cram inside my Element, until the one time I took the trash to the dump and one of the cans had had lobster shells in it (from the lobster fest mentioned elswhere) for about six weeks.

I think that was even making the DOG gag.

Thus my decision to replace it with a pickup when it died....

Okay, since everyone else is listing their stuff, here is mine:

In order of purchase

65 VW Bug

68 Road Runner  (new, factory order) - Kept this car until 2010.

65 Ford Fairlane 

73 Plymouth Fury

75 Dodge Charger  (new)

68 Plymouth Fury

77 Plymouth Horizon  (new)

78 Dodge Omni 2+2  (new, factory order)

78 Corvette 

81 Buick Skylark  (new)

77 Ford F150

74 Dodge Van

86 Chevrolet Astro Van  (new)

94 Chevrolet Silverado 1500  (new, factory order)

07 Mustang GT  (new, factory order)

09 Ford Ranger

Mine:

62 Dart

64 Dart

64 Olds 98

72 Pinto

77 Matador(Fugly)

79 Audi Fox

81 Nissan something or other.

87 Voyager.Yeah a f'in minivan!

94 Jimmy(I owned two years too long)

97 Mazda 626

04 Trailblazer

And if anyone says "what no Jeeps" I will say my wife drove the Jeeps.

But I put a lot more miles on my bikes than my car.

My dad owned a GM dealership when I was growing up, so I never owned a car of my own until I was 21.

'75 Malibu Classic, 400, 4bbl.

'81 Citation 4x4 (4cyl, 4spd).

'82 Grand Prix LJ

'84 Camaro Berlinetta, 305, 4bbl.

'89 Astro LT

'89 Sunbird

'93 Cutlass Supreme

'00 Grand Am GT

'03 Grand Prix GT

'08 Grand Prix (turd)

'11 Civic LX

'13 CR-V LX

'14 CR-V EX-L

77 Austin princess       -----81 Princess II
78 Honda accord          ---- Ditto
1985 dodge Daytona
1988 Chevy S-10
1989 Ford tempo         -----86 Tempo and 94 Topaz
1994 Dodge Grand Caravan    -- 92 Plymouth Voyager
1969 Triumph TR 6
1985 Ford Explorer
1999 Jeep Wrangler
1994 Dodge Dakota ex cab
1994 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel ex cab truck
1995 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel suburban
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Mini Cooper S
2003 Dodge Durango
2004 dodge Dakota quad cab 4x4

Looks like we had similar taste in bad cars for a few years.

Here's my complete list. Note: The order that I owned them is somewhat different than the model years.

1960 Chevy Biscayne

1962 Studebaker Hawk GT (my first car)

1964 Chevy Impala SS (wish I never sold it)

1964 Chevy Bel Air wagon

1967 Dodge 4-door of some sort

1968 VW Beetle (made it into a dune buggy)

1972 Toyota Corolla

1978 Honda Accord

1981 British Leyland Princess II

1983 Honda Civic Wagon

1984 Volvo 240

1986 Pontiac 6000 Wagon

1986 Ford Tempo

1987 Pontiac 6000

1992 Plymouth Voyager

1994 Mercury Topaz

1998 Mercury Villager

2002 Chrysler PT Cruiser (POS)