Bicycles...a pic post

Nate

Uglybob, I had the same 564.  Named her Scarlett, after her paint job.  Sold her a long time back after a lot of changes.

scarlett.jpg

The two rides I own now. My older bike (aka "Ol' Blue") - a 1993 Trek 1420, with most of the gear swapped out, though I bought it used in near-original shape.t1420_after.jpg

Starlight, my main ride (2003 Trek 2300, only original parts are frame and fork)

slexpress_2014.jpg

Edited by LoneWolf
  • Heart 4

LW, I think yours is slightly taller than mine. :D

​25 inches was the largest frame I have ever ridden.  Or ever will ride again.  :D

I do wish I could have brought one of my bikes to MN to have PP stand next to it though.

Edited by LoneWolf

You want orange....I'll give you orange. My new Moulton TSR 27 on display. I had yet another heart attack a few days after this was taken so haven't had a chance to ride it properly as yet.

memolton=2.thumb.jpg.13bd1de702e74927ba3

​...with all the problems you experience with women chasing you, I'm surprised you would ride such a flashy bike. That looks pimped out.

..orange bike from somewhere in the UK, I think maybe the town of Bratwurst on Rye.

Bob Jackson (criterium) 001.jpg

Bob Jackson (criterium) 004.jpg

Ah....a Bob Jackson from the late 70's or early 80's I think. 

Looks like more of a road bike than a tourer but Bob Jackson made lovely bikes. 

Page, that Bob Jackson is pretty.  Onbike is right, they make some beautiful bikes in the Leeds area, and have done so for years.

http://www.bobjacksoncycles.co.uk/

Some have collector value.  What Campy group is that?

​...I am honestly too stupid to know the subtle differences between Record and Super Record, but I want to say Record.

The paint is a sort of baked enamel that is pretty swell.  There's a Bob Jackson Super tourist out in the garage, to, but it is newer in vintage.

They show up in the SF Bay area a lot on the used market, because of Bicycle Odyssey over in Sausalito, which had some sort of connection to the man.

Bob Jackson (touring) 014.jpg

• Heart 1

​...I am honestly too stupid to know the subtle differences between Record and Super Record, but I want to say Record.

The paint is a sort of baked enamel that is pretty swell.  There's a Bob Jackson Super tourist out in the garage, to, but it is newer in vintage.

They show up in the SF Bay area a lot on the used market, because of Bicycle Odyssey over in Sausalito, which had some sort of connection to the man.

Bob Jackson (touring) 014.jpg

That is a lovely bike....apart from the hideous stem which will prevent you from ever entering Heaven.

Has anyone come across a George Longstaff? Now dead he was regarded as the  Doyen of frame-builders. I'll have to find a photo of the frame he made for my wife which was a work of art.

​...thanks.  Onbike and I like to joke about how most of our friends who ride similar sized frames eagerly anticipate our demise. It's a just a joke, right ?

​Without a lie, when I had breathing problems riding and this a few days before my heart attack, my pals who were ahead of me as I panted up the hill, were calling dibs on my bikes......the unfeeling Bastards.

• Heart 1

​...thanks.  Onbike and I like to joke about how most of our friends who ride similar sized frames eagerly anticipate our demise. It's a just a joke, right ?

​I doubt it.  If I was remotely in your size range, I'd call dibs on the orange one.  I don't have a really classic ride. ;)

Of course, these days, first-gen indexing Dura-Ace would be classic on the right frame.

...just got back from the first ride on a Mk IV Raleigh Pro from about 1974, I think.  Recent restoration, I finally got tired of trying to match the paint and just put it together. it is fast, and it is sweet.  As the fixed gear hipsters say, "Fast and sweet."  :nod head:

• Heart 1

I'll play along.  Nothing vintage here.  A 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105.  I do have an early 90's Kestrel KM40 that has some interesting triathlon history behind it.  I don't have a pic of it currently.  The Kestrel was ridden by the '95 US Triathlon National Champ and ridden well at Kona (this was pre Ironman days).IMG_0132_zpstfbo4vse.jpg

• Heart 2

I'll play along.  Nothing vintage here.  A 2012 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 105.  I do have an early 90's Kestrel KM40 that has some interesting triathlon history behind it.  I don't have a pic of it currently.  The Kestrel was ridden by the '95 US Triathlon National Champ and ridden well at Kona (this was pre Ironman days).IMG_0132_zpstfbo4vse.jpg

I like this pic for two reasons, Cannondale and train.

Page Turner, how tall are you?  Those look like some tall bikes.

...​only 6' 2", but in my dotage, I've gone to about 60cm as my ideal size, and with a little tweaking of stem and saddle, I can comfortably ride anything from 58cm on up to 61 or 62 so long as I can make the standover, which varies with seat tube angle.  I think maybe they call it "French fit", with not much seatpost showing.  That black Raleigh is about max for me to ride safely. The blue one is a 24".

• Heart 1