Where the hell are the pics and witty observations from the Great Adventurers?

Further

From Petite's FB page:

What was lost is found. I am back with the group...well sort of..I had a shower and I am sleeping on a couch tonight.
Long story short...the heat and humidity ate up more than I fueled for..and about 5 miles from the end..I just could go no further..I was okay water wise...but the gels and energy bars were not fixing things. Also version has little or no cell coverage in the area...my phone started getting hot and draining..and unfortunately I did not have the phone number for the person meeting us today with a car. 
I was waiting..and burned about missing the battlefield tour..when two ladies just wanted to help..they offered to take me(not my bike) to the meet up spot..or heck take me to the battlefield. I said someone should be by soon..but they asked a guy with a truck leaving the boat landing to take me & my bike to the meet up spot about 5 miles away...so Dick and his dog Mandy (a very wet black lab) raced across Sharpsburg with me holding on for dear life..in the mean time..the rescuers got to where I had been waiting. I ended up at a little bar in Sharpsburg..and even ran into other cyclist who knew people were looking for me. What a mess...but I am back with the others..only 2 more days of riding left...It has been fun and it has been a learning experience. I will have to come east with a car to see all the places we are riding by.

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Next October. That would be a great time. 

Sounds like fun, except for the chiggers.  I have enjoyed being away from these little critters after we moved north.  No, we do not have them in Montana.  We also had sand fleas in Texas, and they  were plentiful on some of our research sites.

• Heart 2