We did it, maybe

Airehead

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Will there be a zoning problem with the Airestrip?

nope

5 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

Will you need me to come live in one to protect your investment? The dogs and I should have the new farm until you adjust to such a big change in life. 

Dogs can't go to the farm until we get the fencing up at the house and the mesh put on the horse fencing in the paddocks.

2 minutes ago, AirwickWithCheese said:

RG, I hope you really, really like Huey Lewis and the News and you don't want to encroach on my gig here.     :angry:

I listen to Huey Lewis and the News when I run security details on residential compounds.  Ocular patdowns are my speciality.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Don't get too excited.  They may not accept our offer.  Some city slicker may come in and go over the list price--- because city slickers don't know how cheap land is in western NY.

Ok, Cheese gets the new farm until the dogs are mentally ready to go, then I will watch the old homestead, keeping it free from crackheads and Trump supporters until you can find a buyer that will care for it as you have.  Where will you live in the meantime?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

A horse barn?  Will you be getting a horse.... Oh, better get 2 so it doesn't get lonely.... as a playmate for the Airedales?   A real farmette always has a horse or 3.  Also, you will need a John Deere tractor for your farm.  Maybe a couple chickens and a cow.  Do you  realize how much work and expense this could be?  Better contact @sheep_herder about a few sheep to mow the lawn.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Airehead said:

Don't get too excited.  They may not accept our offer.  Some city slicker may come in and go over the list price--- because city slickers don't know how cheap land is in western NY.

:)You know some locals talk about 'outsiders' coming in and buying places for 'exorbitant' prices that will not allow them to make a profit in the future.  What many folks here, do not consider, is that those buyers probably sold their places for 2, 3, or 4 times the price that they are paying in Montana. If you like it, can afford it now and into the future, go for it.  We never know how long we are going to be around, so we should strive to enjoy our time on earth.:whistle:

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

A horse barn?  Will you be getting a horse.... Oh, better get 2 so it doesn't get lonely.... as a playmate for the Airedales?   A real farmette always has a horse or 3.  Also, you will need a John Deere tractor for your farm.  Maybe a couple chickens and a cow

...and a Donkey.  All farmettes need a useless and completely random donkey hanging around to up the cuteness factor

• Heart 4

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

...and a Donkey.  All farmettes need a useless and completely random donkey hanging around to up the cuteness factor

There are some pretty good guard donkeys that protect sheep, etc. from predators.  We had a good in Oregon. You're welcome to your opinion, but need to accept some will not agree.:whistle:

• Heart 4

9 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Cool joint. Are you 2nd in line on your offer? Or are they evaluating both offers at the same time?

We were first, then they got a second, then we sent two more and now we are done. No bidding wars. 

9 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

A horse barn?  Will you be getting a horse.... Oh, better get 2 so it doesn't get lonely.... as a playmate for the Airedales?   A real farmette always has a horse or 3.  Also, you will need a John Deere tractor for your farm.  Maybe a couple chickens and a cow.  Do you  realize how much work and expense this could be?  Better contact @sheep_herder about a few sheep to mow the lawn.

If we get it, I will explain the barn plans.