Your opinion of this song?

TrentonMakes

...in my experience it's pretty divisive.  People either love it or hate it - it's either a work of genius, or pompous and overblown (and possibly even silly).

I did get a little tired of it in the early 90s when it was everywhere, repopularized in the Wayne's World movie, but otherwise I think it's a masterpiece.  I'm currently working through a piano arrangement, and I have up to the "little silhouetto" part sounding OK.

The promotional video is considered pretty groundbreaking and a precursor to MTV but I guess I really don't care about that all too much.

• Heart 2

24 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I always liked it. You can tell a good song when there are so many covers of it. 

Agreed (I forgot about the Muppet version; excellent).  I think seeing this one is what set me checking out the piano arrangement.  I've watched this clip so many times I really should throw a few bucks her way. She's amazing, and how she manages to play a melody line on top of all those chords is well beyond me.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

14 minutes ago, shotgun said:

I've never been a fan of that song.

You don't have to use fine print, not everyone likes it. That was in the original post. I've been listening to Dylan for the last hour or so. He also is one of those either you like him or you don't. Listening to Sad Eyed Lady Of The Lowlands, great song.

• Heart 1

It is Queens masterpiece and one of the best theatrical-rock songs of all time.  Any song that bridges generations and everyone knows it is a classic and great tune. 

Love it, but I always wonder what sinus inflictions Mercury had.  Besides a massive over-bite, he had a very nasally voice. 

• Heart 1

I like the song. I was in Jr High when it was released. It was funny because my dad liked to make fun of rock music. But this song made it very hard for him to use his tired arguments of can't sing, can't play instruments, etc..

Last year we were at a wedding for a good friend's daughter. She is heavily influenced by her dad's love of music and classic rock from that era. She managed to find a DJ who could play to her tastes. Late in the night, she had him play "Bohemian Rhapsody" and we all circled the dance floor and sang it together. It was a fun memory!

6 hours ago, team scooter said:

I think Night at the Opera was one of the first albums I bought back in the day. IMO, Bohemian Rhapsody wasn't even the best song on the album.

Used to fall asleep listening to these with headphones. ;)

Falling asleep to Prophet's song surely created some weird dreams.

and that wasn't even their best album!  Sheer Heart Attack Queen II were better. 

And even with all the studio theatrics gone, they still did a great live show!

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, roadiejorge said:

Go ahead, tell me you like Limpbizkit too so I can put you on ignore.

:P

There was a time when they were relevant that I did like them. However that style, and them particularly, have aged horribly. They belong with that short period of Jynco jeans and braided bangs.