Do you have weird neighbors?

Road Runner

I was just discussing this with my son.  I have lived in a lot of places in my life, and it always seems that there is at least one weird neighbor that everyone dislikes or hates.  (not me, I hope)

I have also always had at least one great neighbor, usually living right next to me.   Someone seems to be stacking the deck.  :)

How about you?   Great neighbors or weird fanatics?

• Heart 1

Yes on both accounts.  The "weird" one just recently moved, and as further evidence of his odd behavior, he just moved about a dozen or so homes away.  Slightly bigger place but he is SINGLE and retired. And he had been bitching about wanting to get rid of stuff, not about getting a bigger home with space for more stuff.

Not always. 

One neighbour declared our provincial govn't, as "Commies". (whenever I hear that in Canada it makes me laugh ironically. People have no idea what a Communist govn't is truly like..rule like military, etc.) He likes his shiny motorcycle, pickup truck and is angling to do little jobs for money in our condo bldg. I think he found out he would blast the condo's budget to bits. The other neighbour seems to be opposite of him in personality. 

I have one neighbor who is a PITA and she rents out rooms without really vetting the people so she brings riff raff into the neighborhood.  

All of my other neighbors are super cool and I like them all, even if they are weird in their own way. I'm sure they say the same about me!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yes on both accounts.  The "weird" one just recently moved, and as further evidence of his odd behavior, he just moved about a dozen or so homes away.  Slightly bigger place but he is SINGLE and retired. And he had been bitching about wanting to get rid of stuff, not about getting a bigger home with space for more stuff.

You think that is weird?:whistle:

• Heart 1

In the early 80's, I lived in a suburban community, houses right next to each other.  One afternoon, I hear loud popping noises.  WTH?  I go out to investigate.  My wife said not to, but I was young and stupid.  My next door neighbor is firing a small caliber rifle in his backyard!  At what or why, I never found out.  I told him that it was against the law to discharge a firearm in the city limits.  He wasn't happy with me, but he stopped.  :o

14 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

In the early 80's, I lived in a suburban community, houses right next to each other.  One afternoon, I hear loud popping noises.  WTH?  I go out to investigate.  My wife said not to, but I was young and stupid.  My next door neighbor is firing a small caliber rifle in his backyard!  At what or why, I never found out.  I told him that it was against the law to discharge a firearm in the city limits.  He wasn't happy with me, but he stopped.  :o

Effing HOAs! Killing Merica!

• Awesome 1

Yes and so do my neighbors.

One home next to us have never used there garage for cars. They moved there in 1993 and still have the moving boxes in the garage. The inside of their house is like a hoarder's where it's difficult to navigate due to all the crap. The wife has a PHD in Math but was kicked out of most the local colleges as a teacher. The hubby is about 15 years younger and was a former student of hers. Including the youngest daughter, all three living there are at least 100 lbs overweight and the Schwan’s delivery truck brings most of their meals that they don't get from fast food places.

Our back yard neighbor is a cat lady who feeds at least 5 stray cats and a raccoon or two. We have a local epidemic of distemper in raccoons and I'm sure that the cats haven't been vaccinated. OH! She 'forgot' to pay the IRS about $50,000 in taxes over the last few years and got caught recently. Forgot?

The guy next door is a jerk and is also the neighborhood gossip. For example: He had his ex-wife arrested under trumped up charges the night before the custody battle for their child during the divorce. He also calls the cops on his other neighbor if that guy parks a car in front of the jerk's house or if he is having a party. The guy cut the jerk's front lawn for an entire season when the jerk broke his leg. There's more that I won't go into except he retired from the military after 20 years as only an E-5.

The neighbors across the street are from Jordan. There's about 8 of them in a 3-bedroom duplex. Most of them don't speak English. But guess what? They are great people and I'd rather have them stay than the other neighbors.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

My Dad did that in the 70's. Shooting rabbits out the back window in our suburb of 100,000 people with no discharge of guns allowed.

He does not like rabbits in his garden.

• Awesome 1
  • Sad 1

I call the one guy Woodchuck, he retired a few years ago and now watches television pretty much non stop. He and his wife tried to quit smoking, and got the house interior cleaned and painted. She succeeded he didn't, so now he pops out onto the deck, smokes a cigarette and dives back into the TV room. Reminds me of a woodchuck, popping out of his hole & diving back in.  

• Heart 4

I only described earlier my present neighbours. Previous neighbour were a couple who worked internationally in Cuba, Jordan before settling in our city for a few years. We liked them, down to earth, responsible and decent.  They went back to Cuba and will retire in their home in Australia.  They are Canadian.

I think various neighbours in our buildings have worked and lived in other parts of Canada/world before settling down in our bldg. 1 condo neighbour and also on strata board, is full time property manager for a co-op and also co-partner in a local business where they do odd jobs for seniors....landscaping, etc. They have a roster of over 100+ local customers. She was a poster person for the local biz in Vancouver before moving. 

My Amish neighbors are all good, really nice people. There have been a few non-Amish neighbors on our road that were a bit whacko. The lady that lived with her husband and son in the woods behind our property seemed nice, she was a cute blonde with a slim body and she was the secretary at the gated community a few miles away. Somehow she got hooked on crack and lost her job and quit taking care of her house and family. I guess they had taken out second mortgages and home equity loans and eventually she left and about a year later her husband and son walked away from the property and it went up for tax sale. The other non-Amish neighbors were two brothers and a sister that rented the house down in Skunk Hollow for 27 years. None of them worked, they played the system for whatever kind of free money they could get. They never bothered anyone but what a miserable way to live. When their landlord passed away his brother who lived in Aridzona inherited the place and sold it without ever seeing it. The bums moved out and a single 25 year old guy bought it. He is in the process of renovating the place, on the weekends he has loud parties. He has a helicopter parked in his front yard and a bucket truck and a ski boat out back. He likes to shoot guns late at night but overall he is an improvement over that last neighbors.