Do you get your clothes laundered

BuffJim

I usually buy button down shirts that cost $25-40.  I bought a couple fancier ones for $85 each. I'm having them laundered and ironed.  Costs about 3 bucks each.  There's a high end clothing store in town where shirts are generally $300 each.  Too rich for my blood.

Do you get clothes laundered or dry cleaned?  Are you spending $300 for a dress shirt.

I would say discus, but that is redundant. Instead I am mansplaining about why discus is redundant. It just is.

I used to.  Had a laundry in the basement of the building.  Passed right by it on the way in and out each day.  Shirts laundered for $.99.    Hard to beat that price.  Drop off a bag of shirts and pants on the way in, pick up clean, pressed, starched shirts on the way home.

We moved buildings and this building does not have that service, so I normally wash them at home and hang them up straight out of the dry to avoid wrinkling.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Do you take them to the creek or river and rub them on a wet rock?

Wash in the machine, dry in the dryer, and wear. Normally wear denim shirts and buy a few nicer ones from LL Bean during their after Christmas sale.  Only pants that I own that fit are jeans, so that is the way I 'roll'.  Life is 'Good'!!

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Washer and dryer in the basement. My work clothes are Target/Kohl’s dress clothes that look ok, but I won’t panic crawling under a desk or carrying a printer, etc. Company supplies polos. 

I take my suit to the cleaners. A couple laundries provide cleaning services, but not at a rate reasonable for the clothes I wear. We have an iron. I know how to use it. Do if I need. Otherwise just fold and hang laundry on Sunday night. 

• Heart 1

I normally get dress shirts laundered.  It saves a lot of time and at $1 a piece, it is tolerable.  I made a comment to my wife when we were newlyweds on how my uniform shirts had to be pressed.  That was the last shirt she ironed for me. :)   

Dress shirts here run $100.   I have one shirt I bought in Italy for 450 euros.  It was worth every euro penny.   Being a dandy like Cheese in Italy, would be very expensive. 

• Envious 1
  • Hugs 1

I’m similar to Sheep herder. Most of my tee shirts are from an event or a race. We have an iron and an ironing board, I have never used it. I have never seen my wife use it but she says she did. It was in my way and I stashed it somewhere out of my way but I don’t remember where. Dress shirts I try to hang on a hanger the same day I wash them, the rest of the laundry might just get used from the laundry basket as needed.

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, groupw said:

Washer and dryer in the basement. My work clothes are Target/Kohl’s dress clothes that look ok, but I won’t panic crawling under a desk or carrying a printer, etc. Company supplies polos. 

I take my suit to the cleaners. A couple laundries provide cleaning services, but not at a rate reasonable for the clothes I wear. We have an iron. I know how to use it. Do if I need. Otherwise just fold and hang laundry on Sunday night. 

This has normally been my approach.  I bought the two fancier shirts for meetings, and business travel. Just have to lose 10 pounds so they are comfortable.

I've never successfully used an iron.

My brother-in-law takes his TSA Uniforms to the laundry, but I don't think it's a regular thing for anyone else I know.

I take my suit there, but I wear it so seldom anymore in today's casual era that I only have one now and it's probably cleaned about once a year.

I have and iron and ironing board and am skilled enough to iron clothes, but I very seldom iron anything either.

• Heart 1