Maybe I shouldn't have revealed self

shootingstar

..who I really am.

This forum is different since we do offer a photo of self if we feel like it. And then some topics we yaaak about, might indicate just what we did in past, what we felt like, etc.

Maybe I should have never said anything about who I really was or who was even important in my life.

And just quietly squat here. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

You are who you are, never be ashamed of that. You have the choice to give what info you want, as do I. Personally I like for people to know who I really am and I never hide from that.. I am either liked or disliked, I say what I feel without worry of repercussion because my give-a-damn broke many years ago. 
Be yourself and do not care what people think, it makes life a lot easier 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

..who I really am.

This forum is different since we do offer a photo of self if we feel like it. And then some topics we yaaak about, might indicate just what we did in past, what we felt like, etc.

Maybe I should have never said anything about who I really was or who was even important in my life.

Why?

24 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

..who I really am.

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Why?

This.  I am curious what brought this about

• Thank You 1

47 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

You are who you are, never be ashamed of that. You have the choice to give what info you want, as do I. Personally I like for people to know who I really am and I never hide from that.. I am either liked or disliked, I say what I feel without worry of repercussion because my give-a-damn broke many years ago. 
Be yourself and do not care what people think, it makes life a lot easier 

This.

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Not sure why you would feel that way. This is the only forum I frequent that I don'[t use my real name on but I still feel more connected here than anyplace else.

Many here do know my identity but that doesn't stop me from sharing stuff I would not elsewhere. This is a close, caring group.

It's not hard to find out who I am. Google has so much information on us from our racing from live race timing and scoring to magazine writeups about us.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Like 1

This is a pretty safe forum.  I've been on some where I learned that I'd rather not have some of the angrier members know who I am or where I live.  As for the members here, I've met SW and Speed Demon.  If I travelled more I'd love to kick back with you folks in person.  I really wish I hadn't used my real name on the book of faces.  I've run into folks there I don't want to meet in person.

I have to avoid the local town forum because womaxx worked for the school system and local town politics and parent situations make that unwise.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

This is a pretty safe forum.  I've been on some where I learned that I'd rather not have some of the angrier members know who I am or where I live.  As for the members here, I've met SW and Speed Demon.  If I travelled more I'd love to kick back with you folks in person.  I really wish I hadn't used my real name on the book of faces.  I've run into folks there I don't want to meet in person.

I have to avoid the local town forum because womaxx worked for the school system and local town politics and parent situations make that unwise.

Yes, understood re local and for sure your wife's job would need to be careful...and to have her work in peace with people who may have very differing opinions about the world.

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

I like the relationship we have built. All of us. Feels like a family. That would not happen if people were superficial. 

It is more superficial in  finance/money forum where I am also. It is primarily Canadian (which is sensible for nature of topic), with folks living in cities where I have lived. People never share photos of self..not surprisingly.  Yet they reveal whole summary financial portfolios and how it's performing every few months....which sometimes feels like boasting especially if you're in your 30's. :whistle:

The furthest we've done here are bikes and maybe other sports gear occasionally. Or our dogs/cats/room reno. Or food dishes we've whipped up.

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I identify as a white male Texian

I'm very fine with this and you know who my partner was. There is a reason why I did post a photo of my family because it genuinely is 100% Asian, Caucasian and biracial across 3 generations. 

2 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

To what ends? To be known is more satisfying for me. And I’ve liked knowing your lived experiences as you’ve shown them to us here. 

Same here, especially one participates in a 'net forum for a number of years, often enough.  Thank you for introducing your son2 ....when I visited you Mosey in NM and for here also. It makes you become more whole to us as a person...beyond the ex-schoolmarm. 

Because of some lived experiences, I do have a certain perspective that's hard to shake.  In a way, it's partially shaped who I've become and how I must defend myself and others who are weaker than I.

And would be inauthentic if I suppressed it hard. And psychological suppression for major life experiences, is never healthy..it needs to be released in healthier ways:  if it's not talking about, it is  taking action. Which is why I have been involved in race relations and social justice organizations in 10 years of my life.... over 20 years go.  This alone is probably a turn-off to certain folks.

Because of it, I suspect the odd member here and there, they distance themselves from me   or misunderstand something. I'm not sure what it is. But I  know I can't reach them. 

But I thank those who listen and willing to have fun, chat abit. It's nice to continue to have coffee with you here.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Agree, and I've not met square or speed yet, although I'd like to. I have met 13 people here, some more than once. Always pleasant and fun

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Agree, and I've not met square or speed yet, although I'd like to. I have met 13 people here, some more than once. Always pleasant and fun

13 people is pretty impressive. I guess our motley crew has been hanging around 'Net for a loooong time.  Primarily folks living in the eastern side of U.S.?

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

13 people is pretty impressive. I guess our motley crew has been hanging around 'Net for a loooong time.  Primarily folks living in the eastern side of U.S.?

I joined the LF in 2004 so its hard to believe I've been chatting w/ most of you almost 20 yrs. The people I met are midwest and eastern US. Three were from Michigan. Hopefully I get to meet the other MI people, and more of you.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, shootingstar said:

..who I really am.

Secrets are like scabs on the heart. You keep enough them and you become a calloused lie

• Awesome 2
  • Like 1

I'm on some other forums where I'd never want people to know my personal information, but I consider this place much more like a home. I'm still a little careful about personal info that I post anywhere on the internet, but I've met a number of people in this forum in real life and have never had a bad experience.  We may have our moment on the forum, but I really feel like I know many of you and I'm appreciative of the personal insights that you share.  One of the things I like most about the forum is that I'm exposed to life experiences different from mine.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

10 hours ago, Ralphie said:
10 hours ago, a bunch of numbers said:

I like that you're here.

Me too!  Like The Village People, we need all types.

Yeah...    this.  

7 hours ago, shootingstar said:

But I thank those who listen and willing to have fun, chat abit. It's nice to continue to have coffee with you here.

That sounds like good plan.