This will be my Snowmageddon thread

petitepedal

We haven't had snow in March this year: in rare past years we've had 12" snows in March and it used to be that we'd have snow that didn't stick to anything but grass the first week of April.

When I was coaching the high school softball team, we'd sometimes practice in the gym with net-enclosed batting cages, etc. in March because it was too cold outside.

That's not the case now.  Our normal, no-frost, outdoor veggie garden planting date in Central MD is May 15th but the 33° early this AM is the coldest forecast for the rest of this Spring.  Of course, we'll still get freezing, but it does make me think about making old-West, covered-wagon-type covers out of transparent plastic tarp over curved polypropylene pipe as a greenhouse right in the garden next year.

I've been frustrated that my new diabetes med. Mounjaro, which slows down stomach to intestine movement of food, was making me queasy enough to keep me from getting much done, but I've cut it out until after Easter (3/31) and expect to get back to normal this week.

image.png.0625aca46dedab67b89d2f4cb5386a5e.png

• Hugs 1

It rained hard on Thursday at the ranch we camped at.  Had to move some stuff around and cancel some stuff due to standing water and mud.  Still got to shoot rifle and shotgun for the scouts and we had archery and BB guns for the younger brothers and sisters.   Winds started really blowing overnight and it was blowing a steady  20 mph with gusts over 30 at 6 am.  I stuffed my tent in a bag, not folded or rolled and headed back to town before 9 am.  No rain or snow on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

It rained hard on Thursday at the ranch we camped at.  Had to move some stuff around and cancel some stuff due to standing water and mud.  Still got to shoot rifle and shotgun for the scouts and we had archery and BB guns for the younger brothers and sisters.   Winds started really blowing overnight and it was blowing a steady  20 mph with gusts over 30 at 6 am.  I stuffed my tent in a bag, not folded or rolled and headed back to town before 9 am.  No rain or snow on Friday, Saturday or Sunday.

A little snow would have made it memorable. 

3 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

They are starting to close schools :frantics:

They should have done that earlier.  Who wants to go to school on Sunday? :D

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 3

Good Morning...total was 7 to 11 inches..but because it is heavy and wet it is compacting..and does not look as bad..in addition..it is raining..so heavy rain mixed with some snow in the next couple of hours...I will head to my doctor's appointment..but not driving to work...

• Heart 2
  • Like 2