Man 1 : Mountain 0

Square Wheels

Congrats!  Wonderful accomplishment!  :cheerleader: But I think I'm just as impressed by whoever coordinated that parking!  How the heck did they get the cars out - it's worse than the Hollywood Bowl.

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Congrats!  Wonderful accomplishment!  :cheerleader: But I think I'm just as impressed by whoever coordinated that parking!  How the heck did they get the cars out - it's worse than the Hollywood Bowl.

Surprisingly it went very well.  This was a superbly organized event, lots of people directing traffic. 

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I am also doing the bike ride in August, that is going to be a lot harder.  At least with the run I can stop, or walk.  There is no comparable option with the bike, it’s go or stop.  On a hill like that there is no starting again once you’ve stopped.  

I agree.  If I could run (bad knees), I would much rather run it than ride it.  :)

Do you have somewhere with steep hills that you can train for such a daunting task?  I would think the training would help prepare you both mentally and physically.  The mental part will probably be as important as the physical.   I would have no idea how to manage steep inclines since I've never actually ridden on any real hills.   :(

1 minute ago, Ralph T. Mooseknuckle said:

Congrats eville forum commander! Living through it is a tremendous achievement!

I agree, although I don't think I would test the karma gods by saying things like, "Man 1, Mountain 0."  He still has the bike ride.  The mountain might get pissed.  :o

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I agree, although I don't think I would test the karma gods by saying things like, "Man 1, Mountain 0."  He still has the bike ride.  The mountain might get pissed.  :o

Not sure I believein that, but I did say it was more of a draw.  I have a lot of respect for the mountain.  I had a great day yesterday,  it really was a blast. 

• Heart 3