I need pai. Relieving zen and prayers

Airehead

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Will this ever end. I am tired of being unwell and now my emotional well being has gone sour too. 

I liked this as a show of solidarity.

Is this pain foot-related?  I have had some foot pain of undetermined origin for  6 months now, with no sign of let-up, I can guess (a little) how you may feel.  I hope you shake it soon!

• Heart 1

30 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I need pai.

Here is Pai. 

His full name is Pai May.  I once saw him in a martial arts documentary about some guy named Bill.

250px-Pai_Mei.jpg

Pai got his last name because he's a little bit cranky, even for an old guy.  Kind of OCD; a perfectionist. 

You see if you ask Pai for help he may or may not help you.

So while some people call him Pai May, some people call him Pai May Not.

• Heart 1

Good thoughts and prayers on their way Aire. Yesterday on the C&O Canal was a guy walking an Airedale off leash. The gentelman was concerned that I would be nervous around a free-range hound and said that his dog was friendly. I told him that most Airedales are good dogs. Prime counter surfers but good dogs nonetheless.

• Heart 1

For me, what happens is small and big things on their own are OK.  It's when I start to look at them as a package, get overwhelmed and feel powerless.  THat's when I go into a tailspin.

Can you try and focus on one thing at a time?  Maybe now isn't the best time to move?  Maybe it is because it's a positive in an otherwise bleak time.

When I tackle each problem individually, I start to feel a little more in control.

I hope things get better soon.

• Heart 1

I have some amazing leftover drugs. I quit taking them because I wanted a beer and they caused constipation anyway but they really do a number on pain.  I took them for two days and thought I was better because I felt good. I quit talking them and had a heck of a time getting out of bed because of the pain. I had to take them for a few more days. Try Percocet and industrial strength Naproxen.

• Heart 1

47 minutes ago, Airehead said:

SW may not be funny but he is smart.

I am calming down.  I had an orbital abscess Saturday night.  It triggered a migraine which probably saved my life as I had to go to urgent care after the migraine meds did not help.  They sent me to emergency.  I shoud be counting my blessings.  I googled it and it wasn't good.

ANtibiotics are wonderful inventions.  Apparently this all started from an infection behind a root canal I had two years ago.  My auto immune stuff made it worse.

And it is kind of related to all the joint pain and foot pain because they are all immune-mediated--- well the broken bones in the foot are probably a factor too with that.

Now I am home on pain meds, two jars of antibiotics and soft foods for a week--- they had to cut into the roof of my mouth.

I am sick of all this but this may be the missing infection they were looking for.  I can see out of both eyes today and my left one is tracking again.   When I feel better I'll tel you about the emergency room's doc when I could not see his finger.

Holy hell, that is a lot to go through!  It sounds like you are on the road to feeling a lot better, and when you feel better physically, you feel better mentally, too!

• Heart 2

Wow, how scary!  I'm impressed you're maintaining any sort of a good attitude.  Sorry this infection had such bad side effects, but hopefully knocking this one out will help a bunch of other issues.

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Maybe it is because it's a positive in an otherwise bleak time.

4 hours ago, Airehead said:

I concur. 

When Mrs. TK or any of my daughters have a bad day, I recommend retail therapy.  And chocolate.

With all that's going on with you, taking into account SW's recommendation, and framing it against my limited experience in such matters, I think you need retail therapy on a truly massive scale: So, to get well you should go out and buy two houses.

Oh, and have a chocolate milkshake besides. :nodhead:

• Heart 3

7 hours ago, Airehead said:

I am calming down.  I had an orbital abscess Saturday night.  It triggered a migraine which probably saved my life as I had to go to urgent care after the migraine meds did not help.  They sent me to emergency.  I shoud be counting my blessings.  I googled it and it wasn't good.

ANtibiotics are wonderful inventions.  Apparently this all started from an infection behind a root canal I had two years ago.  My auto immune stuff made it worse.

And it is kind of related to all the joint pain and foot pain because they are all immune-mediated--- well the broken bones in the foot are probably a factor too with that.

Now I am home on pain meds, two jars of antibiotics and soft foods for a week--- they had to cut into the roof of my mouth.

I am sick of all this but this may be the missing infection they were looking for.  I can see out of both eyes today and my left one is tracking again.   When I feel better I'll tel you about the emergency room's doc when I could not see his finger.

OMGoodness Aire, that is a hell of a lot to deal with.  you are in my thoughts - hope this is all over soon!

• Heart 1