Who snuck out for a haircut

shootingstar

I got vaccinated last weekend for lst shot. Am thinking of getting a cut next weekend.  Problem is the covid variant infected people are rising noticeably in our area. :( 

Last time my hair was this long was 44 yrs. ago.  It was also the lst time this year, I was looking at hair accessories in store to keep hair off eyes, etc. Now sporting copper metal colour bobby pin. Forget black pins...I'm gonna enjoy bright metal/colour contrast while I still have the natural black hair.

I had forgotten that having longer hair does require more noticeable care to prevent messiness.

I had forgotten how much more time, it takes for longer hair to dry..  And alot of hair all over the floor...it must be age causing the shedding. 

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Got mine cut Wednesday..and had about 20 color foils put in..transitioning to 50 shades of grey :D...My stylist is solo in her shop and very careful with following the quidelines..once they were able to open I was there!

I'm not so sure about my hairstylist...who I like and have been a loyal customer for a decade.  She described a trip to B.C. last summer where it just sounded irresponsible..to a wedding, etc.  Interestingly the majority of her clients ....are men.  I think it's because she has a down to earth style, she's single (in her 30's), etc.

She took off her mask, when she wasn't serving a customer because she felt she was suffocating....well the mask was a disposable blue thin layered mask...sort that a doctor's office would give you.  Not a N95 that's very tight.

20 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Got mine cut Wednesday..and had about 20 color foils put in..transitioning to 50 shades of grey :D...My stylist is solo in her shop and very careful with following the quidelines..once they were able to open I was there!

Now, could be a time I could try a completely different cut.....which would mean more care by me.  I've been spoiled by short hair to bike around and other stuff where I just don't pay attention to my hair.

I’ve been getting regular cuts since the summer. I do wear a mask while Steve works. Due for another next Saturday. When I can reach into my hair and grab a handful, it’s too long. BuffCarla starts reminding me 2 weeks after each haircut that it’s time for another. I actually do it every 6-8 weeks. 

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I’ve been getting regular cuts since the summer. I do wear a mask while Steve works. Due for another next Saturday. When I can reach into my hair and grab a handful, it’s too long. BuffCarla starts reminding me 2 weeks after each haircut that it’s time for another. I actually do it every 6-8 weeks. 

Wow.... often. Dearie likes his barber ..not that he has much hair. :D  But his hair does have natural curl which tufts out as it grows, like a kewpie doll. :lol:  Not surprisingly the barber refuses to do beards. So dearie is resigned to doing himself which has resulted in an odd small patch here and there.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

No need to sneak out here.    I have had 5 hair cuts over the last year.  Compared to about 6 before the virus.  I wear a mask, and so does the person who cuts my hair. 

Same here. 

My hair grows slowly so I only get 3 to 4 a year normally 

I am on my normal haircut schedule which is about once a quarter.  I last got my hair cut about 3 weeks ago.  The Russian lady who cuts my hair wears a mask and most of the other barbers do as well.  When she is cutting the hair near my ears, she unhooks my mask from my ear and has me hold the mask over my face.  Her unhooking my mask is surprisingly intimate.

17 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Problem is the covid variant infected people are rising noticeably in our area.

10 days after the first shot you start having more protection than if you were unvaccinated. Two weeks after the second you have maximum protection. If you are concerned, why don’t you wait a month? At this point, what’s the difference?

I’ve been getting haircuts since last June. Masked, distanced, mostly empty shop. No problems.

I asked my nephew to cut my hair while the barber shops & salons were closed.  He came to my house but I paid him well and made him dinner to boot.  

My barber shop has been open for some time, maybe illegally for a while but they are allowed to be open now.

• Heart 1

Only been to the barber once since this began and haven't shaved since that day. Both my hair and beard are longer than they have ever been. Not sure when I'll venture out. Luckily, I can just comb my hair straight back and put on a cap. Comb my beard out each morning. Barber did not wear a mask the one time, and I'm not sure any are wearing masks now.

After the haircut I had to drive a long distance for, salons started opening up in CT which is where I normally get my haircut.  The salon has reduced capacity and a variety of safety protocols including masks and cleaning the stations after each haircut.

6 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Only been to the barber once since this began and haven't shaved since that day. Both my hair and beard are longer than they have ever been. Not sure when I'll venture out. Luckily, I can just comb my hair straight back and put on a cap. Comb my beard out each morning. Barber did not wear a mask the one time, and I'm not sure any are wearing masks now.

Man bun!