Mend it, or toss it?

smudge
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

Do you quilt?  If so, I'd cut some patches out of the blanket and use it in a quilt.    If you don't want that big of a project, you could quilt a pillow.  Or if you have some nice pics of the family, you could do a frame with some of the pictures of his family/house  etc, with a piece of the blanket and maybe something  else of sentimental value.

• Hugs 1

4 hours ago, smudge said:

This WAS a real nice wool blanket from HoSmudge's folks' house. He put it in his shed at camp, and the squirrels got to it. Do you think I could mend it? I'd hate to toss it. Suggestions?

IMG_20220426_064324036_copy_768x1024.thumb.jpg.c159d1e287d4bb11847c529f1f2a545d.jpg

If the wool was thicker, would suggest sitting cushions, but that looks abit sad and thin.

Headbands or light cap? You might need to line it.  Then I would use the rest as rags.  Do dogs like  wool blanket material?  I'm not  a pet person. I dunno...use it as a liner.

• Heart 1

6 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

You could make a triangle shawl/wrap for shoulders using the one end..with very little patching...patch it and bind the edges in a contrasting color or patterned wool.

Best idea. I was thinking vest, but shawl is more versatile.