chopped liver is no longer with us

Dottleshead

I'm in contact with a family member. I'll post info about funeral and where flowers or cards can be sent as soon as I have all information.

All I know now is that the funeral will be Tuesday morning at 11am in Norcross, GA. Still waiting for church address.

When I have attended graveside services, the flowers are sent to the funeral home and people gather there and look at the deceased, if open casket, and the flowers before going to the cemetery.  They then take most or all of the flowers to the cemetery, in my experience.  

I'm not sure how late the flower people can take an order to get them there on time.

Man, this blows.   :(

I am glad he never took it personally for long when we argued (kind of), and he always jumped into the fray.  I am also glad he was on a bike of sorts on his last day, I had no idea about health problems except for the diabetes and the shoulder problems.  I wish I had a chance to have a beer with him.

RIP, Chopped Liver. 

I'll send something later tonight to get there for tomorrow.  I'll go for about $200?  I'll send it from the forum, "Friends from Square Wheels Cycling".  I'll see if I can find something with a bike on it.  We can still celebrate something he loved.

Does that sound good?

Should I spend more?

Should we say something different?

For those that want to pay, the account is paypal@pathlabtalk.com.

Thank you

• Heart 1

Please take down the address of MV's Dad.

We would not want someone to be a predator to him in this time of sorrow.

Evil does not take a break and I would hate to think something bad happens to his Dad because of the address posted.

If people wish to send cards or whatever directly to MV's family, then one of y'all need to be a point of contact.

TAKE THE ADDRESS OUT OF THESE POSTS…..

Seriously….

• Heart 2

And, I have a suggestion.

Actually a thought from another friend, which I shall post here.

It is a much better idea, in my mind, than sending flowers, which will be dead in a week or so.

By the way, why are some so interested in a paypal for (beautiful yet dying and wasteful) flowers when we could be putting money into a trust for Laura, or otherwise paying her last semester(s) of university, or perhaps letting the remaining amount go into some kind of "trust fund" for her? Seems a better way of "giving" to and honoring Sonny, while making sure that his daughter finishes school and maybe starts off not-in-debt altogether.... I think this was his plan for her.

Is there anyone you know on other sites who might be attorneys, and who can think about this, and maybe coordinate a more meaningful "giving" among the sites? Trust me. No one in the immediate family remembers how many flowers were there, or from whom. To think otherwise is a sad waste of meaningful emotion as well as money. Giving should be for the living, as in Laura's ongoing college expenses, her car expenses, etc., and maybe as to her first deposit on her first "independent-from-parents" apartment deposit. Etc....

I whole-heartedly agree with this.
Please consider this idea instead of flowers...

Well, I'm at a loss on what to do now.  Making everyone happy is impossible.  It was going to be simple flowers, but...

How about we send something to Edwards wife later in the week?  Or possibly next week?  It sounds like they have a beautiful yard, maybe a tree or a plant?

As suggested, I have hidden the address of Edwards dad.

• Heart 2

Don't get me wrong.

When my Dad passed in 9/12, I appreciated the flowers.

They were all beautiful and since I had no children needing help with college or was a grieving spouse, the flowers were fine.

A better idea?  Donate to the Alzheimer's Association.

Same for MV.

Give something to his daughter that will stick with her for the rest of her life.

Flowers die.

But a fund set up to help pay for her education, something that MV was so very conscientious of and making sure she had all she needed, sounds like a better way to honor him.

He would be so very honored.

Just my $0.02

No, the $ collected here won't amount to a hill of beans wrt helping the grieving spouse & daughter.

But, they wouldn't have flowers that they will forget who sent them and that are dead in 2 weeks.

Y'all do whatever you want.

Some of us have Been There, Done That, Got the T-shirt and know flowers are a very nice gesture, but in the end, are what??????

Don't get me started. :)

This will arrive tomorrow at the service, it will be there in time.

I have signed the card: For our dear friend, Sonny. Your Friends from Square Wheels Cycling.  

For those interested in contributing, the total cost was $200, if you wish, you can help at paypal@pathlabtalk.com.  If I receive too much, I will send the rest to the family, or diabetes research.

91293Mz.jpg

• Heart 2

As one who's been on the receiving end of flowers, it's a touching gesture, a way of sharing grief. I can't remember who sent which arrangements, but I remember the gesture which was repeated so many times. And it meant a lot to me.

Everyone grieves a bit differently, but a show of sympathy is so important at a time like this. It will be appreciated.

• Heart 3

Thanks, Is there a direct link to your paypal account. The one above just gets you to the paypal site.

I don't think so.  You can go to https://www.paypal.com/then click Send fill in my email address  paypal@pathlabtalk.com the amount you want to contribute then Continue.

Edit...

Hmm, it looks like you have to set up a free account, sorry, I thought it would be easier.

PM me too please...I will donate...and yup lots of different feeling on flowers and gifts....

I was thinking last night...that 47 miler ride or whatever....could actually be done as participating in a Diabetes or Heart Association walk, ride or evil run....

We all grieve and or celebrate a life in different ways...as can be seen here.

Good Job to get this going Square Wheels

• Heart 1

PM me too please...I will donate...and yup lots of different feeling on flowers and gifts....

I was thinking last night...that 47 miler ride or whatever....could actually be done as participating in a Diabetes or Heart Association walk, ride or evil run....

We all grieve and or celebrate a life in different ways...as can be seen here.

Good Job to get this going Square Wheels

You have a PM.