Weekend Plans..mid February

petitepedal

Not a darn thing planned. Got my most pressing chores done, my car inspection and mailing in my passport renewal. Weather too cold to do much outdoors- highs 27 and 33 respectively. But the following weekend I have big plans, including a forum meetup, and live music watching my brother’s band in Florida.

• Heart 1

No real plans. Laundry, play with puppies, cook something. Friday night into Saturday morning we’re supposed to see some snow; mebbe two inches, mebbe a dusting. I’ve got leftover egg roll wrappers. I’m thinking of making Mexican egg rolls. Fill with guacamole, refried beans, chicken in some, taco meat in others. Yes, there will be cheese. 

Driving over to Daytona Beach Friday as Christmas present from son were tickets to Jefferson Starship concert. Was going to spend the night after the concert but rooms were mostly sold out and the few remaining were through the roof...even neighboring cities, like New Smyrna and Deland. Son didn't realize it but this weekend (and all week) is the Daytona 500 with the related pre-race activities. Looks like I will be driving round-trip, but the bad part is I have to drive past the Speedway to get to the Peabody, and of course, the Peabody is in the heart of the beachside party activities. Fun, fun, fun. I wish they wouldn't get us Groupon tickets where we feel obligated to go.

• Heart 1

WOChrisL is visiting her dad with an early flight Saturday.  I’m a bachelor that day so am planning a MTB ride, or fishing or shoot maybe both!   Sunday I’m flying to Dallas for a work event so will be traveling myself…

@jsharr @KrAzY sorry guys I’m pretty booked the whole time or I’d try to meet up.  I plan to be back in Plano again in Q2.  

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

WOChrisL is visiting her dad with an early flight Saturday.  I’m a bachelor that day so am planning a MTB ride, or fishing or shoot maybe both!   Sunday I’m flying to Dallas for a work event so will be traveling myself…

@jsharr @KrAzY sorry guys I’m pretty booked the whole time or I’d try to meet up.  I plan to be back in Plano again in Q2.  

Understood, but I can move on pretty short notice, so let me know if some time frees up. 

• Heart 1

49 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

No worries.. You will be happier you didn't meet up with @jsharr... he doesn't take his first bath until the end of Q1

• Haha 3

Going for a ride Saturday morning. A friend from Nebraska and her daughter are in town for a gymnastics event. Hoping to connect while they are here. 
Sunday - the car show I thought was in Fountain Hills 2 weeks ago is THIS Sunday. 

• Heart 1

Actually pretty light, I may get to do MY stuff

Not scheduled for a Mass, so I can pick any one.  There's a  Valentines dinner at the church, it's the K of C so I hope it's catered so we get real  food.  And I'm off beer and wine for about 40 days, so that won't hide a bad dinner.

I will dig back into the suspension work I did last weekend.  It was fine for 2 days but the rattle is back worse than before

2 hours ago, Tizeye said:

Driving over to Daytona Beach Friday as Christmas present from son were tickets to Jefferson Starship concert. Was going to spend the night after the concert but rooms were mostly sold out and the few remaining were through the roof...even neighboring cities, like New Smyrna and Deland. Son didn't realize it but this weekend (and all week) is the Daytona 500 with the related pre-race activities. Looks like I will be driving round-trip, but the bad part is I have to drive past the Speedway to get to the Peabody, and of course, the Peabody is in the heart of the beachside party activities. Fun, fun, fun. I wish they wouldn't get us Groupon tickets where we feel obligated to go.

I remember flying out of Orlando on the Daytona 500 weekend when I was working there.  Getting off the monorail and walking toward the gates I was faced with an oncoming wall of Yankees walking toward me wearing winter coats.

46 minutes ago, 12string said:

And I'm off beer and wine for about 40 days

There’s Sunday, though. :) 

As to the OQ:  My niece’s volleyball team will be in town to compete. I’ll for sure watch her team play on Saturday. mr is driving his mom’s car down to Phoenix to transfer ownership to his daughter, and then he’ll fly back home. I’ll pick him up from the airport on Sunday morning. Sunday is #2’s birthday. We are going to see the Glenn Miller Orchestra and then have the family over for spaghetti and meatballs. We’re giving him a really nice raincoat for a birthday present. 

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, 12string said:

I don't cheat!!!!

Snot cheating. The official doctrine of the Holy Roman Catholic Church is that Lent shall be 40 days. Thou shalt not have a Lent that is 39 nor 41. Lent shall be 40 days. The number days between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday is 46. There are six Sundays in Lent that are not part of Lent. Do the math and take the loophole. Explain this to your wife and thank me later.

DoSmudge1 and her doggie are on their way to my house for a long weekend.  Poor Gray Cat will finally relax Monday morning just in time for them to head home. Ha!  I'm sure we'll go to camp at some point. Other than that, she just needed to get away for awhile. 

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Snot cheating. The official doctrine of the Holy Roman Catholic Church is that Lent shall be 40 days. Thou shalt not have a Lent that is 39 nor 41. Lent shall be 40 days. The number days between Ash Wednesday and Easter Sunday is 46. There are six Sundays in Lent that are not part of Lent. Do the math and take the loophole. Explain this to your wife and thank me later.

This is where the math fails:

The Triduum starts on Holy Thursday.  Lent is right out then.

The "season" of Lent is Ash Wednesday to Holy Thursday.  Sundays, having their own distinction and only overridden by Solemnities, are not in the season of Lent.  So there's still not 40 days.

The whole "giving stuff up" actually has no official part of the Church teachings, it's a tradition, a personal penitential discipline  Meaning everyone makes their own rules.  I should just give it up for 40 minutes instead

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

The whole "giving stuff up" actually has no official part of the Church teachings, it's a tradition, a personal penitential discipline  Meaning everyone makes their own rules.  I should just give it up for 40 minutes instead

Whoa, there, Martin Luther! Let’s not blow this whole thing up so that you can wash down some  dry meatloaf with a creamy stout. 

• Haha 1

Just now, MoseySusan said:

Whoa, there, Martin Luther! Let’s not blow this whole thing up so that you can wash down some  dry meatloaf with a creamy stout. 

He actually tried to get it changed!  it was there, but while he was nailing them to the door, the bottom got torn off.

"I post these 96 - (rrrip) - 95 Thesis!"

• Haha 1

Grandson getting a head start. This week Swiss schools are closed with official holiday “Ski Week” 8y/o on Black Diamond rated slope learning cutting skills. Professional photographer out on slopes took photo. Last month was competitive swimming, placing well in his first meet. Now carry over that focus to the slopes.

b72a038d-889d-47b5-a004-a135ef1cefce.jpeg

• Awesome 4

23 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

This sounds familiar.

''First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'

The Book of Armaments.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1