Rochester has to boil their water.

They say the water is safe but they won’t use it.  Odd given that they will now drain it. Wonder what else they will find?

RPD has been in contact with the water bureau, which has tested the drinking water. The bureau says there aren’t any safety issues with the drinking water. However, the bureau is relying on other reservoirs for drinking water at the time, instead of the Highland Park Reservoir. The bureau plans to drain the reservoir and clean it before using it again.

3 hours ago, Shu Fang said:

They are now closing all the schools.  Kids are so weak these days.

https://x.com/RCSDNYS/status/1770223859779711033?s=20

In my day, they would have made us drill a new water well to keep the schools open.

Couch

We did not get water in Texas.  We had a rock that we would suck on.  We had to share it.

• Haha 1
  • Yum 1

They're probably telling people to boil water to calm them down even though the treatment of the reservoir water before it's pumped into water towers makes that unnecessary.

Here is a picture of people fishing in Loch Raven Reservoir, the biggest reservoir serving Baltimore - and probably me since my Baltimore-adjacent community gets "city water."

People surely pee over the side of the boat, some fish die, winds blow dead birds and trash into it, etc.

Of course, the water is treated before it's piped to community water towers: you're supposed to let tap water rest alone for two days in an aquarium before you put the fish in.

image.thumb.jpeg.aa05d751e1e24639ef499e4e15504e9d.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

So, I grew up in Rochester during the  60s & 70s. The rumor was that the Valentis used to bury the bodies in those muck potato fields along Pinnacle Road. They were always running tractors across them turning over the dirt. 

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, 2Far said:

So, I grew up in Rochester during the  60s & 70s. The rumor was that the Valentis used to bury the bodies in those muck potato fields along Pinnacle Road. They were always running tractors across them turning over the dirt. 

I have heard this 

I have done searches and recoveries in drinking water reservoirs, it is no big deal  apparently.  The water shed people were more concerned about the contamination from our 30hp outboard than they were about the rotting corpses.  In their words, their treatment process is designed to filter out and purify from 'biologicals' (their words not mine)but not petroleum products.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I have done searches and recoveries in drinking water reservoirs, it is no big deal  apparently.  The water shed people were more concerned about the contamination from our 30hp outboard than they were about the rotting corpses.  In their words, their treatment process is designed to filter out and purify from 'biologicals' (their words not mine)but not petroleum products.

This.  Birds and snakes and turtles and fish and bug and farm animals pee and poop in our water all the time.   Just one of those things you put away in the back of your mind while drinking your nice glass of tap water.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Does ANYONE do that??!?!?

Well all do, we just don't realize it.  The bottle water people are just turning on a tap in the back of the factory and a guy sits there all day long filling an endless stream of bottles from the local dead body filled pond.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Well all do, we just don't realize it.  The bottle water people are just turning on a tap in the back of the factory and a guy sits there all day long filling an endless stream of bottles from the local dead body filled pond.

We filter AFTER the tap - as all normal humans should!

• Haha 1

The Highland Park Reservoir will not be put into service again until it is drained and cleaned, which is expected to take roughly eight weeks.”

How do you spell overkill?

Reminds me of a scene from Caddy Shack.

Just dump a gallon of bleach in the reservoir and you’re good. Just like everyone else would do.

It’s about time Jimmy Hoffa’s body floated to the surface. He’s been missing for a long time.

• Heart 1