I am frustrated

Parr8hed

11 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

with everything.  Maybe frustrated isn't the right word.  Maybe annoyed.  

My patients are seeming extra needy.  Every time my co-worker opens her mouth to talk to me I am annoyed.  I am somewhat used to my wife always telling me what to do, but it seems more annoying right now.  

I am done with allergies and being snuffly.  Am done with my heel always hurting.  

Just fucking fed up with everything and everyone.  

We are going down to Tennessee tomorrow for Emmy's  high school season opener.  Hopefully a few days off, away from the clinic will help me.  

What do you do when you get like this?

Vent in a safe spot. Try to find gratitude. I get to go to a job that I mostly like. Think of things like that. Plus you get to go to Croatia and Disney for softball. 😀😀😀😀

• Heart 4

I try to find a time for quiet - preferably at least a long weekend away where I can take quiet walks or just sit and watch the world go by.  There are some animal rescues nearby and a weekend among the cows and sheep (as long as i didn't have to do the work to care for them) always helped my peace of mind. But if that's not possible, at least a long walk. I was often thankful my work location had some nice property where I could walk and look at trees, a pond, flowers and sometimes deer and other wildlife.

• Heart 4

33 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I can be very unpleasant to be around.  I try to be by myself.

I like walks, long ones where there are no people.

Play the guitar.

Listen to music.

Thank try to appreciate the things I have and things that are going right.

• Heart 4

10 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Alcohol :whistle:...which I am trying to avoid..and time away from every thing/one who annoys me..that could be meditation, a walk, or a nap :dontknow:

Walking seems to be a theme.  I am struggling to walk right now.  Actually, walking is fine.  It's AFTER walking that my heel hurts.  I am working on it.  And I do plan on having some bourbon this weekend!

• Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

Part 1: Hopefully a few days off, away from the clinic will help me.  

Part 2: What do you do when you get like this?

Part one answers part two!

Vacation and bike rides or hikes are my "regroup and reload" options.

Luckily, I also was successfully able to finish taxes yesterday (tax guy can handle the details) and as part of that, I also look over retirement $$$ and the Biden era has been insanely good to me.  If only the healthcare bits were covered and I'd be permanently in vacation and bike ride mode by now.  

Once you're an empty nester, you'll be able to take it much easier, and a few days off can become many days off. With your in-demand skills, you are a very short time away from Easy Street.

• Heart 2

11 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Crusty and I head for the hills where I can't get a cell signal. Sometimes I'll take a pew-pew and take it out on a few targets.

If you need a break from reality, tell the family you have an out of town conference and come see me. We'll get you fixed up.

20230929_103704.thumb.jpg.fd8a0f6cdbaa942c406e1e43c5a5e4b6.jpg

Best answer yet.  Pew pews, jeeps and presumably some bourbon.

• Heart 2

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Part one answers part two!

Vacation and bike rides or hikes are my "regroup and reload" options.

Luckily, I also was successfully able to finish taxes yesterday (tax guy can handle the details) and as part of that, I also look over retirement $$$ and the Biden era has been insanely good to me.  If only the healthcare bits were covered and I'd be permanently in vacation and bike ride mode by now.  

Once you're an empty nester, you'll be able to take it much easier, and a few days off can become many days off. With your in-demand skills, you are a very short time away from Easy Street.

I think that is part of what is bugging me.  We saw the tax guy Monday and we owe and that really pisses me off. 

• Hugs 2

59 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

bike ride &/or a beer :D

This may be the solution.

Hang out with people that like you for you and no judgement.   Vent a little.  Maybe shoot some stuff, chop some wood, go for a bike ride, drink some brown water and just chill.  Back when I rode my bikes, that was my fortress of solitude.  Go for a night ride with good lights and just get lost in the rhythm of the bike.  Remind yourself that this too shall pass and all things are temporary.  Count your blessing.  Look at where G Man is now.  Think about where E is heading in the next few years.    Take your wife some place fun for a day or a weekend and reconnect and recharge.

Call your dad.  He will tell you to put on your big girl panties and STFU.  

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

It isn't all the time?

In the old days, you would just skip town, hire onto a freighter, and sail the seven seas until you were too old.   Then you would just find an equatorial island populated with mostly dogs and and a few fat chicks, and spend your days drinking green label, banging the ladies, and petting the dogs afterward.

I think you should do that, or at least start planning to.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, a bunch of numbers said:

Go to a bar where no one knows me and have a few beers.  I can get in an "I hate everything" mood all too often.

I think you were in that mood when I met you at Great Lakes the first time.  I am not sure, though, but you were a completely different person the next time.

I liked both guys a lot, though, plus I like this online guy, too!

• Heart 2

46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Reduce my online and media use to bare minimum.  Lock myself in the leather shop and go for long walks or bike rides.  Walking is a great opportunity for restructuring thoughts. 

Your leather shop must be HUGE! 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, jsharr said:

This may be the solution.

Hang out with people that like you for you and no judgement.   Vent a little.  Maybe shoot some stuff, chop some wood, go for a bike ride, drink some brown water and just chill.  Back when I rode my bikes, that was my fortress of solitude.  Go for a night ride with good lights and just get lost in the rhythm of the bike.  Remind yourself that this too shall pass and all things are temporary.  Count your blessing.  Look at where G Man is now.  Think about where E is heading in the next few years.    Take your wife some place fun for a day or a weekend and reconnect and recharge.

Call your dad.  He will tell you to put on your big girl panties and STFU.  

Dad "why the hell are you calling me?  Suck it up butter cup"

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I think you were in that mood when I met you at Great Lakes the first time.  I am not sure, though, but you were a completely different person the next time.

I liked both guys a lot, though, plus I like this online guy, too!

Yeah, maybe.  Sorry about that.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

I think that is part of what is bugging me.  We saw the tax guy Monday and we owe and that really pisses me off. 

Isn’t your daughter a charitable deduction? You should be getting money back.

Count your blessings with your amazing kids, good way to fight depression.