Tell us about your idiosyncrasies and other weird traits you possess

Road Runner

I have ceiling fans in four rooms of my house.  They all have four blades.  When they are off, I can't stand it if the blades aren't lined up with the room (each blade pointed at a corner of the room).  I am a lot like Monk when it comes to ceiling fans.   :) 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

I have a bit of OCD but I'll never admit it.

I like shoes lined up.  I have an issue with seeing stuff on the floor that shouldn't be there - if you drop a piece of paper it bothers me until I pick it up.  I tend to count things - revolutions of the pedal strokes up a hill -  count off until the water is hot for a shower.....

Other than that I'm perfectly normal.  * twitch *

• Heart 1

I despise a breeze or wind when I eat.  Absolutely can't stand to feel a breeze, when I am eating.  

Time for dinner?  CLOSE THE DARN WINDOW!!!!!  

Also, I hate my feet poking out from the bottom of a blanket or sheet.  Sheets and bedding in dis-array, is absolutely horrible.

• Heart 3

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Also, I hate my feet poking out from the bottom of a blanket or sheet.  Sheets and bedding in dis-array, is absolutely horrible.

Both of these for sure.  I cringe just seeing WoKzoo with her feet out the bottom of blankets.

• Heart 1

Also, the bottom of my back being exposed to the air.  Any gap between your shirt and pants can not be tolerated.  I shudder just thinking about being on a ride and my shirt rising up and windy air blowing on my lower back.  EEK!

...and roughly chopped veggies.  Food must be uniformly chopped, if you are going to chop.  Big chunks of ingredient not being evenly incorporated makes me crazy. 

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I turn off the AC in my car when I'm about a half mile from home. I hate the idea of all that cold in the evaporator going to waste and really hate the puddle dripping on my garage floor after the car is parked.

I try to do this too.  But I do it because I read somewhere that this is good for preventing mold and mildew buildup in the evaporator coils, or something like that.   

• Heart 1

15 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I'm the type of procrastinator that makes all other procrastinators look proactive.

It took you only three minutes to respond to jsharr's post.  I'm thinking you might be more of a prevaricator than a procrastinator.   :scratchhead:

• Awesome 1

Things that wig me out: adam's apples, teeth, feeling or hearing my own pulse, eyeballs, looking at the vein in my elbow (main reason I prefer long sleeve shirts), getting blood drawn, or having an IV. I use stairs over elevators whenever possible (afraid of being stuck). Bridge over tunnels (same reason). I like my finger nails very short.  Sleep on right side of bed.  Brush my teeth soon as I get up (after P-ing :D ). Prefer booth over table, if solo, then the bar. Don't like my back to the restaurant, if possible.  P shy in a crowded restroom...like after a movie lets out. Like the smell of rain. There is probably more, but that's my list toppers.

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Things that wig me out: adam's apples, teeth, feeling or hearing my own pulse, eyeballs, looking at the vein in my elbow (main reason I prefer long sleeve shirts), getting blood drawn, or having an IV. I use stairs over elevators whenever possible (afraid of being stuck). Bridge over tunnels (same reason). I like my finger nails very short.  Sleep on right side of bed.  Brush my teeth soon as I get up (after P-ing :D ). Prefer booth over table, if solo, then the bar. Don't like my back to the restaurant, if possible.  P shy in a crowded restroom...like after a movie lets out. Like the smell of rain. There is probably more, but that's my list toppers.

You need professional help...    www.shrinks.com

• Whatever 1

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I have ceiling fans in four rooms of my house.  They all have four blades.  When they are off, I can't stand it if the blades aren't lined up with the room (each blade pointed at a corner of the room).  I am a lot like Monk when it comes to ceiling fans.   :) 

You realize that unless the room is square that is impossible.  Contemplate that.

23 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, for starters, there's the avatar thingie.  Are you reading for some sort of vampire in drag role on broadway?

In my avatar contract with @jsharr I am required to make use of each avatar he produces for me for a minimum of 24 hours.

#it'shisfault

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Oh you poor sap.  How long does the contract run?  Know any good lawyers?

I think it was originally a one year contract with a 72 month extension.  I think I only have like 68 more months on the extension.

Good lawyer, is that an oxymoran?

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

You realize that unless the room is square that is impossible.  Contemplate that.

No.  I said that they must line up with the room.  They don't have to point directly at each corner.  That was just added to explain what I meant by "lining up".

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

No.  I said that they must line up with the room.  They don't have to point directly at each corner.  That was just added to explain what I meant by "lining up".

Have you ever thought of lining them up on the centerlines of the room instead of at the diagonal?

6 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I hate things on my feet.  The minute I get home, shoes and socks come off and I am barefoot.

I never hang a picture without a level, I never place anything without a measuring tape to make sure it has the proper spacing.

I can relate to the feet thing.  

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, dennis said:

I keep a pedal wrench under my bed and usually have another one on the dining room table. Sometimes both are under the bed in case the bad guys break in to my apt. or I need to change the alarm clock.

FIFY

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Also, the bottom of my back being exposed to the air.  Any gap between your shirt and pants can not be tolerated.  I shudder just thinking about being on a ride and my shirt rising up and windy air blowing on my lower back.  EEK!

Yea, I dislike the bottom of my back exposed to air between shirt and pant/skirt... doesn't matter what I am doing.