So, of the Love Forumites who never made the move to Square Wheels Cycling, who do you miss the most

Mr. Silly

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

Akirasho never made it here!

I loved reading his posts!

I'm terrible with names, but there was a guy from Georgia (truck driver maybe?) who was overweight and getting into cycling who I enjoyed since I also began cycling for fitness plus weight loss.  He didn't last to the end of the LF, but I loved his attitude.  Of course, my experience coaching high school athletes, chess players, rec. league football, piano, etc. is that those who jump into something over-excited about it are the first ones to lose interest.  Apparently the same happened with that guy.

There was a British teenager who had recently got into competitive chess on chess.com and who announced on forums, "Chess is my life!" and described all the chess books and organizations he was joining.  He was a good enough player to beat all his friends but below-average on chess.com and major improvement would take years no matter what.  I urged him to take his time, expand his interests beyond chess, and to concentrate on the harder-to-study tactics and strategy lessons needed to improve chess instead of focusing on clever moves in grandmasters' games.  He didn't, he didn't improve, and within a year was no longer heard from.

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Fun to read, to try and actually help, yeah I made that mistake once.  Ugh.

I tried helping him out once.  He wanted to learn the C programming language.  I've been programming on and off for 30 years so I thought I could help get him started. 

He asked who to get started, I pointed him to a link with all the tools he'd need to get started.  Great.  He asked a question, I answered it with the correct answer but he disagreed.  OK.  He asked another question, answered it correctly yet he disagreed.  BTW, had he followed my advise from the first question, he wouldn't have had to ask the second question.  Then he asked the third question, I answered it correctly and he disagreed again. 

Mind you, I had 30 year experience and he had like 3 hours experience.  I have no idea why he felt that my advise was incorrect.  It wasn't making me mad or anything.  I actually thought it was funny but I have no idea how he was planning to learn to program in C if he isn't going to listen to people who want to share best practices.

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

I tried helping him out once.  He wanted to learn the C programming language.  I've been programming on and off for 30 years so I thought I could help get him started. 

He asked who to get started, I pointed him to a link with all the tools he'd need to get started.  Great.  He asked a question, I answered it with the correct answer but he disagreed.  OK.  He asked another question, answered it correctly yet he disagreed.  BTW, had he followed my advise from the first question, he wouldn't have had to ask the second question.  Then he asked the third question, I answered it correctly and he disagreed again. 

Mind you, I had 30 year experience and he had like 3 hours experience.  I have no idea why he felt that my advise was incorrect.  It wasn't making me mad or anything.  I actually thought it was funny but I have no idea how he was planning to learn to program in C if he isn't going to listen to people who want to share best practices.

I love those folks that take broken or not running equipment for repair and then argue with the repairman on what is needed.  I usually have to leave these events, before I start laughing.

• Heart 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. Silly said:

Glad to here I am not the only one who fell into that trap.  Dude was dense.

4 minutes ago, 2Far said:

Is that the bookstore monkey?

Monkey See, Monkey Read.

Looks like he sold it in 2014 based on an old new article I just found (can't read much other than the headline without paying) but not sure it's in business anymore.

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

@FlippersForFeet made it here, but dropped off.  I always loved his insane racing stories.

Also, the crazy Boston chick who was too afraid to ride her bike. She was an epic troll. I loved her.  Another lady from the WV panhandle never made it here either, but I can't remember her nickname. She was a food scientist, so was fun to hear some of her stories.

Crazy Boston chick was Buggy10

10 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Was she having an affair? I don’t remember what lead up to his death. And did he die by suicide? Motor vehicle accident? Motor vehicle suicide?

Motor vehicle accident.

She started going out and living it up essentially leaving him to raise the kids.

• Sad 1