Cousin & Husband with Covid: Prayers & Vibes Request

MickinMD

13 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

That is pretty hard to believe that a busyness would do that. :(

I wonder, too.  Their daughter says she's angry at herself for not demanding masks or making her parents get out of the house.

A couple weeks back, my brothers cable TV/Internet went down and the technician that came out not only wore a mask, she demanded that those of us in the house wear masks while she was inside.

• Heart 2

If workers showed up without masks to work in my home, I would give them one and require them to wear it.  Some lady showed up to do a mobile notary thing for a real estate transaction, no mask.  I asked her if she had one.  She said no. I got one for her and she argued with me about it. I almost kicked her out of my home. She finally put it on.  Pissed me off for sure. 

On the new home, if we are not moved in, I am not sure if it is a big deal or not to me. Open the doors and windows and air it out, before I move in.  Some of the workers wear N95s anyway, as they drywall, etc.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

If workers showed up without masks to work in my home, I would give them one and require them to wear it.  Some lady showed up to do a mobile notary thing for a real estate transaction, no mask.  I asked her if she had one.  She said no. I got one for her and she argued with me about it. I almost kicked her out of my home. She finally put it on.  Pissed me off for sure. 

We had a mobile notary come to our home for the refi signing.  She wore a mask, required us to wear a mask, and provided "clean" pens to use for the signing of the docs.

In 2020 (and now 2021), if a service person is NOT behaving that way, there is a MAJOR issue with their brain synapses and likely their employer's as well.

39 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

We had a mobile notary come to our home for the refi signing.  She wore a mask, required us to wear a mask, and provided "clean" pens to use for the signing of the docs.

In 2020 (and now 2021), if a service person is NOT behaving that way, there is a MAJOR issue with their brain synapses and likely their employer's as well.

This one was self employed.  She also had certain political stickers on her car.  Covid belief is political now.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

This one was self employed.  She also had certain political stickers on her car.  Covid belief is political now.

Me: "Would you mind putting on a mask before coming into my home?"

Her: "Yes I would mind blah blah blah."

Me: "Thank you.  Have a nice day.  I will not be needing your services today."

On 1/27/2021 at 8:05 AM, Razors Edge said:

Me: "Would you mind putting on a mask before coming into my home?"

Her: "Yes I would mind blah blah blah."

Me: "Thank you.  Have a nice day.  I will not be needing your services today."

We needed to close on a real estate transaction and she is who the escrow company contracted.  If I didn't sign it might have killed the deal.  In small towns you don't have a ton of options.  I did not want to drive 6+ hours to the title place.  They told me she is the only one in my area.  

• Awesome 1

16 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

We needed to close on a real estate transaction and she is who the escrow company contracted.  If I didn't sign it might have killed the deal.  In small towns you don't have a ton of options.  I did not want to drive 6+ hours to the title place.  They told me she is the only one in my area.  

True.  Sometimes you have to put up with the shit or suffer.

43 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Did she at least takes her shoes off before coming into your home?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

"OK, we'll stand outside and sign the papers on the hood of your car"

It's sickening the way people in this country have been used as deadly (or just dead) pawns in a political game.  More sickening is that the players keep playing, even though they KNOW they are killing people, even though the jig is up.