Weather forecast for Sunday Afternoon: 

We might be
looking at some decent accumulating snows this time for the
tail end of the weekend. This would be for Saturday night
through Sunday but this is way too far out to have any
confidence given the lack of model run to run consistency. Stay
tuned.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

This will be an interesting homecoming with twists.

Lions 3.5 favorites at home.  Seems the experts are predicting a high scoring game too.  Should be a fun game to watch.  

Factoid is this is the first time that both starting QB’s are facing the teams that traded them in a playoff game.  

Interesting that the potential exists for the Bills to exorcise some Dallas demons this year.  I think the Bills have as good a shot as any AFC team. 

As usual I'd love to see the SB go to a team that's never won one, and I think there are four such teams in the playoffs?  (Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston) 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Interesting that the potential exists for the Bills to exorcise some Dallas demons this year.  I think the Bills have as good a shot as any AFC team. 

As usual I'd love to see the SB go to a team that's never won one, and I think there are four such teams in the playoffs?  (Buffalo, Cleveland, Detroit, Houston) 

Go Still’rs

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Are Youpers loyal to the state, Lions, or land mass, Packers?

In my experience, Youpers and western LP Michiganders lean Packers.  I don't know if is because of proximity or because of the historic quality of the play of the two teams but get 150 or 200 miles west of Detroit then things start turning Packers.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Lions 3.5 favorites at home.  Seems the experts are predicting a high scoring game too.  Should be a fun game to watch.  

Factoid is this is the first time that both starting QB’s are facing the teams that traded them in a playoff game.  

I got you guys winning. But it is the NFL so who knows?

• Like 1

Read an article today about a Stafford jersey ban in Detroit for the upcoming playoff game.  I get it, Stafford asked for a trade but Detroit fans should also recognize Stafford’s trade request netted them two first round picks, a third round pick and a serviceable QB.  

Had Stafford stayed for the rebuild I don’t think the team as a whole would be as good as it is now.  I think the Detroit fans should be thanking Stafford for the trade not banning his jersey…. Anyway, it is an interesting talking point leading up to the game.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

Read an article today about a Stafford jersey ban in Detroit for the upcoming playoff game.  I get it, Stafford asked for a trade but Detroit fans should also recognize Stafford’s trade request netted them two first round picks, a third round pick and a serviceable QB.  

Had Stafford stayed for the rebuild I don’t think the team as a whole would be as good as it is now.  I think the Detroit fans should be thanking Stafford for the trade not banning his jersey…. Anyway, it is an interesting talking point leading up to the game.  

They have to tell the fans?

In Philly, people are already making Gauthier Hockey jerseys so they can burn them.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

@RandomguyPlease handle this.

Couch

Dent head is not fit to even smell the jockstraps of the lowliest Brown's practice squad's players.  He will probably attempt to anyway, because Steelers gonna be Steelers and PA people like to do that kind of thing.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

The Ravens have off this week, but there are a few interesting things going on:

Baltimore's 2023 defense must be in the conversation about the greatest of all time:

The Ravens; website says: The Ravens finished the regular season with a triple crown NFL record as the first team in history to lead the league in points allowed (16.5 per game), sacks (60), and takeaways (31).

Mark Andrews might be in all the Ravens playoff games:

The Athletic says: "...if Mark Andrews can get healthy before Baltimore’s first playoff game (January 20 or 21), they’ll be even stronger than they already are.  Andrews has been out since Week 11 when he suffered a fractured fibula and a high-ankle sprain. He underwent surgery shortly after and has been rehabbing ever since. Our data suggests he will reach Optimal Recovery before Baltimore’s first game. We’ll be looking for developments this week and next because he should start logging practice time soon."

Baltimore's 2024 opponents are mostly good teams with 10 games against this year's playoff teams:

HOME

• Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Las Vegas Raiders
  • Denver Broncos
  • Washington Commanders
  • Philadelphia Eagles

AWAY

• Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Kansas City Chiefs
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Houston Texans
  • Dallas Cowboys
  • New York Giants
  • Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The combined record of the Ravens' 2024 opponents is 155-134. Baltimore will face eight teams (10 games against) that made this year's playoffs, including five division champions.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Dent head is not fit to even smell the jockstraps of the lowliest Brown's practice squad's players.  He will probably attempt to anyway, because Steelers gonna be Steelers and PA people like to do that kind of thing.

It's stuff like this that makes the rest of the world laugh at Ohio.

Shu Flung Dung, you should learn the guy up.

5 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

I'm hopeful the Steelers will lose.

Couch

They will, their team is not very good.  I hear their quarterback has a dent in his head that prevents him from thinking clearly, and that their fans smell like rotting seaweed and stale vomit.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1