Your favorite cereal-with-milk type cereal

Some Old Guy

I eat cereal with milk every morning.  It is primarily the reason I am so funny.  Cereal makes you happy and, as a result, it keeps you on the sunny side of life.   

I eat various brands and types, but this one is my favorite, unless I am eating a different one; then that one is my favorite.  :)

It is heart healthy and an excellent source of fiber.  

Image result for granola cereal quaker

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I rarely eat cereal but every once in a while I get a hankering for Honey Bunches of Oats and I let the milk sit in it for 10-15 minutes so it’s like mush.   

Sometimes I cook a bowl of plain oatmeal, then hit it with extra milk & then mix in Honey Bunches of Oats & then let it cook a bit longer so it’s soft.  

39 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

My two favorites, both around 4% sugar. The Honey Oat cereal is the Harris-Teeter store brand. Most cereals today are 25% or more sugar.

1454594447_Harris-TeeterHoneyOatClusterCrunchCerealwithAlmonds.jpg.30d5c4dc362a86d7aa7ce09a10659057.jpg Cheerios.jpg.f3dfb4067b8e2b8e1c5cb13e1a4fd7d2.jpg

Glad you came oot with the Harris Teeter because I was ready to ask what the flock brand that was!

The fake shoprite cheerios say 0% sugar.  Can that be right?  I thought they were pretty )(*()&^% tasteless!  Kellog's corn flakes are 2%. This totally 'splains the lack of pizazz!

4 hours ago, Kirby said:

Grain Berry

I heard a bunch of advertising about how healthy Grain Berry cereals were, so I thought I'd try some.

I must have got a bad batch, because (apologies to Kirby!) it tasted like decades-old cardboard that had been stuffed with kiln-dried, forest-floor sawdust from a sumac tree.  I put what I couldn't eat outside where I thought the squirrels and chipmunks would eat it.  They tried it, thought I was trying to poison them, and they threw it all back at the house.  Broke two windows, they did. :angry:

• Haha 2

Taste like wild hickory nuts...

Actually, the reason I buy Grape-Nuts is to make muffins that have been making since my adolescence. Recipe originally printed on the box but ingredients combine with orange juice and orange rind. There are other variations, but like that one the best. But then, only takes one cup of Grape-Nuts...so have to finish the box somehow.

Here is the recipie https://www.mrbreakfast.com/superdisplay.asp?recipeid=887

grape nuts.jpg

I very seldom eat cereal because of the amount of carbohydrates and sugar that is in one serving of the stuff. About the only time I will eat cereals is when we are at the race track because it's quick and then I will try to keep it to the actual serving size witch suck because there are some cereals that I like.