My wife found our next house

Square Wheels

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

It is a wee bit expensive

I've been watching a lot of crime shows lately.  Apparently, it is not uncommon to take out a large life insurance policy on someone and then kill them.  Just make sure you have an airtight alibi or that you stage the death to appear that it was an accident or the result of natural causes.  :)

• Heart 1

The lap pool is nice. But I’m not a fan of a galley kitchen, even though the view from the sink side is beautiful. 
It’s a lot of square footage. Why Bend? Is there a National lab there? Patagonia, Nike, REI? Who in Bend (or visiting Bend) makes that kind of dosh? 

• Heart 1

It would be interesting if we posted link or so on what our own definitions of dream home would be...probably some contrasting things.  First of all I would need to ensure I had enough moolah to pay someone to do landscaping, etc.  If a huge home (1 level now), someone to drop by occasionally to do some cleaning.  I know..... and I don't even have kids.

For certain home by water with views, high up but not on a bluff that will crumble nor ocean/river/lake that will flood. Nor in a climate where it's hurricane prone to blow off parts of house. And not on a steep hill.  That hill would become annoying cycling much later in life or...later walking up when getting' near end of life.

People especially love acreage in my area.  I guess...being isolated like that from everyone else, shops, services and windswept -35 degrees C in winter.  Yea sure.  And if I don't drive...makes zero sense.

I have too many detailed wishes which are probably contrary to many of your preferences.  :party:  However I'm so glad I'm making it easier for myself to age in place...as the years march by.

• Heart 2

54 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

The lap pool is nice. But I’m not a fan of a galley kitchen, even though the view from the sink side is beautiful. 
It’s a lot of square footage. Why Bend? Is there a National lab there? Patagonia, Nike, REI? Who in Bend (or visiting Bend) makes that kind of dosh? 

It's like all the resort communities.  Nobody makes big money there, they take their big money there. 

• Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

1500 sq foot 2 bedroom single level home.  4 car heated garage.  5,000 sq foot heated workshop. 

That was my layout at our Bend house. 3 BR, 2 Bath 1450 SF. Nice little patio. I loved that little house. No hallways so extra space. You'd have to use an offsite garage & workshop though. Our home was about a mile or 2 from this one. 

https://www.redfin.com/OR/Bend/20272-Halfway-Rd-97701/home/111963963

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

You’d still have use of the pool, I would think. :dontknow:

I could train for the triathlon that I always wanted to do even though I suck at swimming..my swimming technique is more like trying not to drown 

• Heart 1

11 hours ago, BR46 said:

What more do you need?  

I would be just fine with the garage 

My niece married a motorhead with a lot of money.

His house was on a couple acres in a high dollar area, his was an older 3 bedroom normal house that he remodeled to match the McMansions springing up around him. Basically he built a huge attached garage

The big fancy front door opened into a six car garage / shop rather than the atrium that you expected. The garage was beautiful, commercial tile floor, drop ceiling, air conditioned, bathroom & kitchenette, it would have been easy to live in the garage, and he pretty much did.  

• Awesome 1