Should we have a big forum thing?

Randomguy

I am about 30 miles from WI....got the Lake Pepin 3 speed tour in May    http://www.3speedtour.com/

I have 2   3 speeds and I know people :whistle:  I am sure we could come up with a few bikes...Except maybe for Trenton...the Vicar rides a schwinn frame that has a sturmey archer hub....He is tall and a Raleigh frame of the correct size could not be found...

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

Well, I have done three road rides that were less than an hour in duration, so I am sure I am nearly ready. :P

Tell us more about Crater Lake...

I've spent 53 hours this year.  It will be a good race.  :whistle:

not sure what so say about Crater.  It speaks for itself.  

http://rideoregonride.com/road-routes/crater-lake-rim-route/

My favorite route is to start below the rim and ride into the park from Annie Creek.  It's like 70 miles and 6000 ft of climbing.  Fun ride if the weather isn't too hot.  My all time fastest speed record was on the backside of the rim.  49 mph.   Great terrain up here. 

I know I am far from everyone, so a forum visit here is probably highly unlikely.  

I wanted to go to Crater Lake on my last trip to Oregon, but it didn't fit in the itinerary.   Definitely on my "to do" list

Why hasn't Cheese popped in to say Greenville yet?

Somewhere in the middle of the country with a direct flight from lots of places is also convenient for most people,

• Heart 2

20 hours ago, Abstruse Moose said:

since I think it has been scientifically proven that Columbus OH is the optimal place for a meetup.  I have also heard great things aboot Bourbonville, so I think that area of the country is close, since it allow the MN-WI-MI people

been there many times for work, 3 hr drive. And I met Hillary :)

20 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Actually, WI would be better than the other midwestern spots.  More open space, breweries, and lots of people could get there by driving.  Even the MI people, if they could stop humping their cousins for a minute or two.

Hey, second cousin once removed

• Heart 2

You people are too regional in your thinking.  How about the Wilbur family compound in the Thompson Okanagan region of BC?

There is the main cottage with 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a private studio apartment above the garage.  Room for campers and tenters as well.  

Lake for swimming, fishing, wake boarding or crushing in a 30's era cedar lakeboat.

US funds are at. Premium so anything you spend is discounted by 30 %.

great open spaces for mtb rides on the cattle ranch, 4 4 wheelers and six motor bikes.  If you want to do road rides, that can be done too. 

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You people are too regional in your thinking.  How about the Wilbur family compound in the Thompson Okanagan region of BC?

There is the main cottage with 4 bedrooms, 5 bathrooms and a private studio apartment above the garage.  Room for campers and tenters as well.  

Lake for swimming, fishing, wake boarding or crushing in a 30's era cedar lakeboat.

US funds are at. Premium so anything you spend is discounted by 30 %.

great open spaces for mtb rides on the cattle ranch, 4 4 wheelers and six motor bikes.  If you want to do road rides, that can be done too. 

That sounds very nice.  They did say they wanted to make it centrally located.  I didn't think they meant centrally located between NYC and Tokyo.  Does this elite compound have a 300 ft sod airstrip for me to land my plane?

• Heart 1

52 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

That sounds very nice.  They did say they wanted to make it centrally located.  I didn't think they meant centrally located between NYC and Tokyo.  Does this elite compound have a 300 ft sod airstrip for me to land my plane?

The driveway would work. Then it can be parked on the lawn.

13 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Great ideas.  I can't do the Parr8y tri this year.  I'm riding in western MD that weekend.

Kings Island is only 12 to 15 miles from Chez Seven.  I haven't been there yet cause my wife and son won't ride coasters and going alone is weird.

I love coasters!  Plus, I haven't ridden the Beast, either.  It was down when I visited with a bunch of Cedar Point employees on a day off, bummer.

12 minutes ago, F_in Ray Of Sunshine said:

Well it's up to four pages now, do you guys have your shit together yet or not?

Of course not. No one can agree. but some people are coming around to the Ohio idea.  Everybody wants to meet LAJ. RtJ. PRT, JtM, and the MIL from hell.  Oh, and that Old#7 guy, too.

Everybody wants to come to the best place on Earth, it seems.

22 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Of course not. No one can agree. but some people are coming around to the Ohio idea.  Everybody wants to meet LAJ. RtJ. PRT, JtM, and the MIL from hell.  Oh, and that Old#7 guy, too.

Everybody wants to come to the best place on Earth, it seems.

Well let me know in October what it was you guys are saying you should have done in July.

• Heart 2

31 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I am concerned that there might not be enough strip clubs in Ohio if we were all able to make it there at the same time.  Hell, I don't think DH and RS would ever leave if they got in one.

HAHA!   :loveshower:

All joking aside.  I probably can't make it to one this Summer.  By choice, I am taking an enormous pay cut, so I can work less hours. 

Why don't you think "Mecca" and hold it at the SW forums most significant cycling mecca, the 'getting famous" Richardson Bike Mart?

There is a newly renovated house 3.8 miles away, and keeping with his new standard, @jsharr could only speak once a day.  :cheerleader:

7 minutes ago, Chris... said:

If there's going to bike riding I want to ride on a tandem with someone. I'm out of shape

Me, too.  I have had 4 rides in March, though, which is four more than I have had in the last two years.  I am like a boneless sloth right now, and some cold and windy weather is coming back to squelch progress.